1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Glass Etching/Frosting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Nov 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Does anyone know of anywhere Houston that can do one of the following:

Etch or Frost a Houston Rockets Logo into a piece of Lexan -- the logo should be about 1 foot by 1 foot -- I don't want to spend more than 30 or so bucks on it.

----or----

Somewhere that can make a custom window applique of a Houston Rockets logo that I can apply myself.

I suppose I can make the etching/frosting myself, but it'll be harder and wouldn't look as good . . . but it'd be a good exercise to practice my Dremeling . . .

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I did a search and came up with a few, but seeing as I have no clue as to how good they are, I guess it'd be pointless to post them here.

... but I went ahead and posted that it would be pointless to post them... go figure

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Vengeance,

This is just a suggestion.

There is one weekend left of this year's Texas Renaissance Festival. When I worked it several years ago there were a few craft people that worked there that was into glass blowing and etching.

You might try someone there.

They also have a web site that lists the different vendors.

http://www.texrenfest.com/content/shoppes.htm

Good luck!

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Any kind of etched glass is going to cost you some buck$$....

what you want is 'frosted vinyl' a special adhesive film that is computer cut and applied... go to a fast signs or any sign shop that makes 'vinyl lettering', take your piece of lexan and tell them you would like a (insert size here) inch Rockets logo centered on this piece of lexan... If you have B/W artwork, they can probably scan it and create the file to cut the vinyl. You might also want it 'reverse-cut' that means it's cut in reverse and applied to the back of your lexan (if it's clear) so that it appears totally smooth on the front.. if the lexan is not clear, then they can cut it regular and apply it to the front. the advantage of reverse cut is no one will be able to scratch it from the front....

Vinyl is a lot cheaper and it comes in like 3 different frosted flavors.... go check it out, you'll be surprised... it shouldn't be more than $30 if they already have the artwork... if they don't have the artwork, there could be a set up charge... In Houston, try FastSigns or Budget Signs or any sign shop specializing in cut vinyl lettering, check the yellow pages under sign shops.

good luck
    rH

[​IMG]

#4 rockHEAD, Nov 13, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2001