1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Special Talent That You Do Better Than Anyone Else

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 7, 2001.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

2. B

B Contributing Member

If we are counting the Game Boy Color version of tetris, I have gotten over 995 lines, and a score well over 1.5 million. I was #2 in the world for the Tetfun 2000 World championship, which is slightly harder than the gameboy color version. Though I guess I can't say I do it better than anyone else since I didn't get first.

http://www.jaibo.net/tetfun/2000.htm

B

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

AH-HA!

I've gotten over 220 lines on Tetris (the non-Gameboy version) on multiple occasions. I think my highest line total was 227 or so, could've been higher.

Once I scored over a million a couple times, it started to get boring. But, I still like it.

#63 DREAMer, Nov 11, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2001
  4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but 995 lines??!!!?!?!?!? Good lord, how is that even possible?!?!? When I got 192, it was dropping so damn fast....care to divulge any info?

5. B

B Contributing Member

The game boy color version stops increasing speed at level 30, which is about the equivalent of level 15 on other versions, I think. I could go even further, but the arthritis in my hands starts to flare up after 700 lines, and then my eyes get really watery at 800 lines. I've tried pausing it and picking it up an hour later, but I can't get into a grove at that speed right off the bat.

B

6. B

B Contributing Member

I was the first to get a perfect score on the silly mini golf game posted in another thread.

Man, I really need a job! :)

B

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I can disappear for years at a time. ;)

8. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaup?!? :D

9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

10. Bigman

Bigman Member

All this Techmo talk is weak. Get with the times and step up to Madden 2002. I'm not claiming to be the best...just claiming I can whip YOU!!! The only Techmo I played was on the original back when with the Bears, 49ers, Giants, and when the Broncos had Tony Dorsett. There were some plays that were unstoppable because of the lack of computer AI. Today's modern football games have a lot more strategy in them.

"I'll outhink you. I'll outlearn you. I'll outphilosophize you..."

And I'll definitely put a whoopin on you in Madden 2002 - PC version only, please.

11. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

'sup AntiSonic??

Where've you been?

12. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

ANTISONIC!!! What's up?

---------------------------

I hate the John Madden-styled football games. Dunno why, just always have.

I'm pretty sure I'd beat just about anyone with that old Joe Montana football game... I think it was the 2nd one. It was very realistic. Players built up a head of steam and were hard (near impossible) to catch once in the open. Passes were hard to catch. And Players couldn't stop and turn on a dime running at full-speed.