1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Steve make it to da all-star game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Qball, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Is Steve Francis good enough? I mean he didn't get picked up for the GOOD WILL games rite? He's a point gaurd but his assist per game aren't what I exactly call PG stats. If you look in the Western Conference there are 3 gaurds that are potential all stars: Marbury, Payton, Francis.

I think that if Francis doesn't start playing like a PG instead of a SG then he mite get a chance. An advantage Steve has over the other two is the fact that he is more showtime, meaning fans like the way he plays (since fans pick the starters.....big mistake).

And bout the Good Will games, freakin' Baron Davis got chosen over Francis, that tells you what kind of respect Francis has from coaches and critics.

My prediction: Back up PG in All-Star Game

2. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

You forgot Stockton. Francis needs to work hard to get to his first all star game. He has way to many TO and not enough assists. He either needs to avg 24 pts/g or get 9 ass/g to make it. He isn't playing like the 3rd best pg in the league...

3. Lord Tree

Lord Tree Member

Do people simply not look at all around stats when deciding if a player is good or not? I mean, if you look at Steve's stats, they are unreal... At least a couple of games back, he was almost averaging a triple double... (the Denver game didn't help that much, though. :)) But if he continues those kind of numbers, he'd almost have to make the all star game... plus if the Rockets offense improves like a lot of people think it will, his ppg and assist numbers will go up.

Tree