1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tecmo Super Bowl: Can anyone on this earth beat me at that game?...uh...no

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JBIIRockets, Nov 10, 2001.

1. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Someone back me up on this one.

I am talking about Techmo Super Bowl (the 2nd one), not Techmo Bowl (the 1st one).

I just copied them down, because I loved the game so much, and I was a bad-ass at it. I have a bunch of old stuff laying around in various drawers, etc.

I think when my friends and I played, we made the rule that no one could be either the Giants or the 49ers. The Giants defense was unstoppable and the 49ers offense was unstoppable.

I remember my friends and I had similar rules.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Yeah, I am talking about Tecmo Super Bowl, the 2nd one. When the first screen comes up, the only options I see are I believe "Preseason, Season, Pro Bowl, and Data." Then on preseason you can choose which matchup you want (man-man, coach-man, etc.) and on season you can choose which teams to be man, coach, or com (or skip I can't remember) and on probowl you can choose afc or nfc and data you can choose to look at the teams and their stats. Is there some screen that you can get to to pick difficulty cuz I have never ever ever seen it and I'm sure one of my friends would have mentioned it also. So maybe my game is just different from yours (although that would seem unlikely).

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Techmo Super Bowl was quite possibly the greatest video game ever made. Christian Okoye was a god on that game, making everyone bounce off. My favorite, though, was playing the Oilers and replacing Lo White and Pinkett at RB with Hill, Jeffries, or Givens (depending on who was hot that week). Speed kills.

Me and a buddy used to play that game every day for months, and it was an even match until I learned the secret of the nose-tackle blitz. After that he had to run every play from shotgun.

4. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Two words: Neal Anderson

two more? Otay: Brad Muster.

Bring it on...

5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Ah, you mean the sissy Nintendo version. Didn't see that earlier. I'm talking Hostetler at QB. Real men play sports games on the Genesis. :D

Like I needed you to tell me. :p

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Time to play Super Tecmo Bowl on an emulator.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Dude, I can just imagine what your place looks like.

:eek:

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I hope you guys are happy! I just fired up a new season of TSB on my NESTICLE emulator...Currently at 4-0 after whooping up on the Patsies (gotta love that old logo) 44-10...Lorenzo White is the SLOWEST mofo ever...I only use him when I'm inside the 10 yard line

God only knows how you all managed to score 60 or 70 points each game. There's only five minutes in each quarter, and the clock moves about three times as fast as a regular clock. I've scores 60 points, like, THREE times in my life...Guess I need to practice more...

...oh, and RocketsPimp, having a life is very overrated :)

9. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

When you have Lawrence Taylor tackling every ball-carrier behing the line of scrimmage on 90% of the plays, you get the ball a whole lot more.

Then you use your "unstoppable" play very very often.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

If San Fran's kickoff coverage is going good you always hit them at like the 10 and sometimes the lead guy will break through and get em at the 3. Then you just use Charles Haley to hit the RB (they always run when inside the 10) for a safety after a down or 2, get the ball back and fire it to Rice, Taylor, and Co. Of course you don't always get the safety and sometimes you let Craig run which wastes time. My record for a regular season game I think is like 85 playing with SF vs. Minn. My record for a preseason is 126 with SF vs. SD (it actually stops at 99 so I had to use my math skills to figure that one out). That's the highest I've ever seen scored but I'm sure someone hear will come up with a higher number.

11. IVFL

IVFL Member

this has to be my favorite football game ever made. I dont know what it is, mabey tis becasue the feild is flat. I loved to blitz the nose-gaurd. In one season I had over 80 sacks I am not joking. My freinds hated me. I would use that Vikings D with Henry as the noes tackle he would get though on shotgun.

seriously I was the champ of that game. My freinds. . . they used to be freinds until tecmo came between us. . . and I played all the time