1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the hell is up with the FREE THROWS?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finalsbound, Nov 11, 2001.

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

As much as the Rockets get to the line, and as much as they can get to the line, free throws will be a factor in either making or missing the postseason.

Steve isn't shooting them nearly as accurate as he's capable of, Cuttino's not as consistant as last year, Cato has a "thing" about not being able to knock down 2 consecutively, Rice doesn't get there, the rooks are nervous as hell, and Mooch, it seems, will either make 'em both or miss 'em both.

Is this psychological or something? I know when I played ball, I practiced them all the time, and my sophomore year was on Varsity and hit exactly 94%. They need to get into the gym and biuld confidence by developing a consistant rhythm.

When you shoot free throws, you go to a charity stripe with an opportunity yo win games. Why aren't we shooting them like last year?

2. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

That's exactly true. 90 percent of the games we lose this season will have been preventable had we shot over 90 percent at the stripe.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I swear y'all, I think this is definitely one of the main problems so far this season.

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Perhaps the Rockets are already TIRED at this stage of the season?

Rudy needs to use his bench more.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I agree that this has been a nagging problem.

However, what I can't take is missing free thows on f***ing technical fouls!! How many times have I seen Walt or Cuttino or someone else go and shoot a technical free throw and miss it??

That cannot continue to happen. The fact that it has happened proves to me that free throws are a problem for the Rockets right now.

6. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Somebody call Calvin!