1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"yo i was pissed too but i heard"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElVenezolano, Nov 10, 2001.

1. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

i dunno if no one else heard this or dont think this is important but the guy on Direct TV said FRANCIS had a MIGRANE Theres no way he was into the game !

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Thats a pretty weak excuse...You would think the team had some medication for that :rolleyes:

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Kareem played 20yrs with migraines. Terrel Davis was the superbowl MVP with migraines. The migraines were Nick dropping those j's on his ass. He'll shake it off and be ready to play against the ultraquick Tony parker

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Still, if that's true then its interesting. Have you guys ever had a migraine? If you suffer from them regularly, then you can learn to adjust to it, but if you don't and get anything even close to it, it knocks the hell out of you.

My mom gets them occasionally; and even though she's used to it, you can tell how it effects her every time.

True, it's not a good excuse, but if it's the first time Francis ever had one, it's going to make a difference. Just not enough that they should get their a$$es handed to them.

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I used to get migraines as a kid. If memory serves, it basically felt like my brain trying to exit my head through my right eye socket. Migraines make it difficult to spell your name or think about anything other than your impending death. I hope Steve gets better.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

...but remember, he toked up to get rid of them. Maybe Steve should of paid a visit to Sam Mack.:)

7. Houstone

Houstone Member

8. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

Guys,
    Let me tell you......
    If this is true (Francis having a migraine during the game and migraines not being a normal, regular occurance for him), it WAS more than understandable for him to have a game like that.

I DO have migraines regularly. Typically, they are a hereditary deal. My father had them and my sister does as well. I have the worst kind - Sinus Migraines. My sister calls them eye attacks. They vary in intensity and duration and can be brought on by weather, climate, temperature, altitude changes or allegies (Thank God, I don't have any except cigarette smoke). I have learned to live with them in my daily work life. I also know the early warning signs and can head-off most of them. Some NOT. Typically, the ones that I can not head-off are debilitating. All I want to do is crawl under a rock!!!! (Pun intended.)

Look, I can work through them because I am used to them, but if this is a rare occurance for Stevie, which it appears to be....he was in F**King AGONY!!!

Some of these babies are so bad, it hurts to see light of any kind. Imagine being at center court staring into all those high intensity spotlights with every flash of light felling like an ice pick being jambed into your eye. YES, that IS exactly how it feels. Worse, each pulse of blood flow is excrutiatingly painful. Physical movement magnifies the intensity. Running feels like someone is pounding your head against a cinder block wall.

Now imagine that wonderful feeling while trying to focus on shooting a ball through a hoop.....accurately!

Not a chance in hell!

Now, clearly, Mobley is an entirely different question. Just where the hell has he been since the beginning of the season???

9. Sane

Sane Member

Wanna hear something funny?

I've thought a migraine was a headache that hurt a lot more and eye aches were, ummmm, eye aches.

So, everytime I got an "eye ache", I'd just think I need new glasses/lenses.

What a waste of cash, lol.

Here's tothe discovery of migraines (for me).

Btw, now that I know this, I don't think I'll be playing sports while having them, but I play sports very often, and many times with a migraine. Playing against Nick Van Exel is not the best night to have one of those.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

So did Mobley have sympathy migranes or something? :rolleyes:

Nothing agains you Elven, (I am just pissed) I also read somewhere that Francis had migranes, but why did Mobley have a bad game!

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i've had horrible migranes before...believe me, those mothers feel like shtt. :mad: I swear, you feel like you are experiencing a torturous death.

Get well soon, Franchise.

12. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I used to have migranes about once every 3 or 4 months when I was around 12. They hurt SO freaking badly that I basically had to curl up on the ground and bang my head against the floor until I eventually fell asleep, then when I woke up it felt kindof like a hangover.

Yeah, if Steve had one (and he's not used to it), then I'd be surprised he even played. I wouldn't have . . .