1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The play by play announcers tonight suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TroyBaros, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

NVE is a good player. Simple as that. He's always had a ton of talent and has been underrated. I wasn't sure he was capable of leading the league in scoring, but if he does it or gets near it then he deserves his props for it.

However, I always was under the impression he had attitude problems? Didn't he get fined a few times this season? It doesn't effect his talent either way, but stuff like that tends to hurt your chances at getting MVP. Has NVE started all season so far?

Other than that though, I have to agree with what's being said here. I didn't hear these announcers, but if one of them suggested a player get elbowed then they deserve the bashing. You just don't say stuff like that.

BTW, Nugzfan or Nuggets4 - did either of you use to run a NBA LIVE 99 (or maybe 2000) Sim League a few years back?

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

The reason Nick Van Excel won't be an All star is because, he has a bad reputation...

Remember when he hit the referee..

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

On my site at Rivals.com I did, kind of. I simmed all the games on my version of the game, had updated rosters and everything. Just took too much time and had one or two people try to ruin it for everyone else. Were you in that one?

4. Timing

Timing Member

You shouldn't talk about it after 6 games... oh... maybe because it's only been 6 games? What's wrong with 18 pts/game when you're shooting 40% you mean? So who is NVE going to bump? Payton? Marbury? Stockton?

If you really believe NVE is going to finish the year anywhere NEAR 28 points/game then you're smoking something harsh. As soon as Isiah goes mental, which he will, and defenses figure out NVE is about the only threat on the team, his shooting % is going to fall like a rock.

Also, one thing I just noticed are the Nugs opponents other than Houston so far. Milwaukee, Dallas, and Sacramento? What do those teams have in common?

#24 Timing, Nov 10, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2001
  5. Timing

Timing Member

The sadness of it was pretty clear to me. Maybe you should refer back to the Denver has 0 rings post.

6. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

The next game against the Nuggets is on Jan. 12 here at home. I can't wait for the Rockets to give us the fans some revenge!