1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Well, All Good Things Must Come to an End

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

As hard as it is for me to do this, congratulations to the Oakland Raiders for finally being able to beat my Broncos. I don't have a problem admitting that the Raiders are the better team.

I always feared that Jon Gruden would be the coach that would be able to match up with Shanahan and Gruden outcoached Mike last night. As much as I hate the Raiders, I had a feeling that last night, the streak was going to end. The Raiders are argubably the best team in the NFL this year, and the Broncos, after starting 2-0, are not as good as I hoped. Even though, this is only the 2nd time that the Raiders have beaten the Broncos under Shanny and the first time in 8 meetings, I have a feeling that the Raiders may go on a streak of their own..sorta like the one before Mike got here. I can only hope that their joke of an owner, Al Davis, pisses Gruden off and gets someone who can't coach.

The Broncos really miss Ed McCaffrey. Eddie Kennison has been a huge bust, as he has shown that he can't step up. Terrell Davis looked alright, but, IMO, I don't think he will ever get to the point that he was before he hurt his knee. Griese is still not 100% healthy, and the Broncos defense has always been below average. This is something I don't understand. They have some good athletes, and Ray Rhodes has a sterling reputation, but last night, Rich Gannon had all kinds of time to throw the ball. You have to get some kind of pressure on Gannon. When the Broncos got it down to 28-20, it was up to their defense to step up and make the big play, but of course, they couldn't stop the Raiders, allowing a field goal. Of course, the interception by Griese was icing on the cake, but the game was essentially over.

Congratulations to moe and mr. scary and all the other Raider fans. If your team keeps playing like this, then I hope they can go to the Super Bowl and win it for the AFC (I thought I would never say such blasphemy). It's hard to swallow, especially because of my hatred for Al Davis, but the Raiders don't look like they can be held back any more.

Just be thankful Raider fans, that you have the talent and a coach like Gruden & hope that your idiot of an owner doesn't piss him off and make him leave to Notre Dame or anywhere else.

2. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Manny

What a great game. The whole Raider team played well last night.
    Thanks for giving Oakland some credit. I am glad you stepped up. I can tell you are a true Bronco fan. I have to say its a good feeling getting the Denver monkey off our back. The last few years have been frustrating playing against you guys. I have been a Raider fan since they beat the Cardiac kids from Cleveland way back in the day and Denver has always been a tough opponent throughout the years. I hope this win can springboard the Raiders to a good season. I just think Gruden has the right attitude to take the team to the next level. He really has impressed me. I think he wont be leaving anywhere, Al will pay up on that one. On the bright side for you Terrell Davis looks like he is well on his way back. Eddy McCaffrey has really hurt you guys though.

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

A lot easier to be humble when your team gets its ass kicked.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well There is no better joy for me then beating the Denver Broncos , Major Props to Travian Smith who had a hell of a game filling in for Elijah Alexander , Zack Crockett who I picked up on my fantasy team because all this guys does is score TD's . Griese seemed like his old self in the first half , They moved the ball easily but the Raider's defense didnt give up with 2 huge stops in the red zone . Gannon had an easy time picking apart Deltha Oneal and Denard Walker , Tim Brown was awesome and outplayed Rod Smith the NFL's leading receiver ever though Smith had a big game with a TD in garbage time . The Biggest Difference was the turnover battle , Gannon hasnt throw a pick in 6 games and finally The Raiders won the TO battle which Was the key in the victory .

Dont worry Manny you guys will have another shot when we come into your house , I would settle for a split .

Go Raiders!

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I just hope the Raiders can continue to play well in the second half of the season.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Jumping on the Raider bandwagon I see? :)