1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL WEEK 7 FORECAST

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Oct 26, 2001.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well At Least the Raiders won :rolleyes:

2. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Just make sure you wash your hands before you get started... ;)

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Chicago may have won, but San Francisco DID get to 30 points! :) Chicago was getting slaughtered before their comeback. Where they got this offense all of a sudden I don't know. I don't think they're a Superbowl team, but it wouldn't surprise me, assuming they keep improving, that they don't make a run to the NFC championship game. But that's a long way aways. And we saw what happened to the Cubs. They dominated early and faded late! ;)

4. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Let's talk.

5. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Dude, the Bears are nothing like the Cubs. The Bears will finish what they started.

Even giving up 31 points they still allow just 12.3 pts a game, best in the NFC and second to the Steelers in the NFL with 11.6 pts a game.

This is only the 7th week in the NFL, no team is a SuperBowl team yet. Even St Louis showed signs of weakness. Do not doubt the Bears. With a Defense this young and strong they can only get better. Just need to get set behind one QB and keep handing off to Anthony Thomas. He is averaging 5.9yds per carry. Back to Back 100yrd games for a rookie.

Final standings 12-4.

I am gonna call the Bears over the Raiders in the Super Bowl 28-17. :D

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

They were down 28-9 and Jim Miller was out , how could they have won? David Terrell finally had a good game , Shane Matthews took over after Jim Miller got hurt , The A-Train ran the ball , The 49ers couldn't even get the ball to their receivers , You finally beat a good offense with a sub par defense . Would The Bears beat the Raiders? it would be close , The Raiders Defense could be the most underated even though they shut down the Eagles and Colts , The Bears are a lot like a team the Raiders would lose to , a Running offense with a stout defense . Urlacher won the game for the Bears yesterday after he jarred T.O. . You would have to say The Raiders are the best team in the AFC , The Bears could be the 2nd best in the NFC .

This of course is all just another example of how parity has ruined the NFL . The Bears schedule shows they have Beaten a Vikings team with a Good Passing Offense and nothing else , When you faced a Ravens team with a good defense you had the lead but lost it proving James Allen is trash . You have now beaten the Falcons the Cardinals and the Bengals teams who were all well under .500 last season . This is probably your 1st impressive win of the season . Unlike The Raiders who opened up on the road against Kansas City , had to go down to Miami with their black jerseys on in 110 degree wheather and still almost won . Then we have Beaten Seattle and Dallas the two cupcakes on our schedule , Then we went in and Beat Indy and Philly on the road and held them to under 20 points and frustrated Two of the best QB's in the league .

Looking at your schedule the only reason parity cant completly help you is because you play in the NFC Best , where Green Bay and Tampa you have to face twice , but then you finish the season with Redskins , Lions , Jaguars . I think the Bears finish 11-5 unless Terrell proves he can step in for Marcus Robinson .

ok fine I'll say it , "Da Bears"

7. Sonny

I'll agree with most of what you said. The Ravens did beat us, but that was a totally different team then.

The Raiders are a great team, took care of Philly big time. Philly and Indy just aren't the same teams this season, kinda crazy. I think the Colts will pull it out, and Philly is in first place.

Bears still have to play the Vikings again and Tampa and Green Bay twice. Maybe they will get some TV coverage. The Vikings game will be on Espn sunday night football. So out of the 10 left they have 5 hard games with 5 more against teams they should beat. Detroit(2),Cleveland,Washington,Jacksonville.

So at least 10-6, I say 12-4 maybe 13-3 Homefield throughout.

BTW - RocksMillenium - the Bears Defense only gave up 17pts. 14 of that was off a pick and a fumble run back for TD's.

8. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

31 points? Two were defensive touchdowns, weren't they?

I'm not calling 'em superbowl contenders yet...I just LOVE the way the future is looking...this season and down the line.

9. Sonny

Yep, I just mentioned that in the last post. I believe it still counts against your regardless. Not like ERA. :D

43 pts in the prior 5 games, 31 (17 against D) versus SanFran

74/6 = 12.33pts a game...

I am very excited about the rest of the season, I know we are gonna make the Super Bowl. :D

I haven't seen the Bears playing in January in a long time... :D

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I guarantee the Bears will be playing in january :)

11. Sonny

Ha Ha...

Well I will be glad to see the Bears play January 12th or later.

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The Bengals may be sub.-500 last year, but they're above .500 this year, they're 4-3 and tied for the last playoff spot, Cincy has also beaten the reigning world champions ravens, a Browns team that is 4-2, and a red hot New England team, so that is actually an impressive win. And Arizona is dangerous, they beat the Eagles in Philly.

13. Sonny

Terrell did step up big time - he had the two clutch td's in the 4th to tie it with Anthony Thomas' two point conversion.