1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need help (again). This time from Houston residents...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Coach AI, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Yes, once again I need help from you guys to keep my relationship afloat.

:D Just kidding. But I do need some suggestions. My gf's birthday is near the end of November. For part of her present last year I took her to see A Christmas Carol at the Alley Theatre. She really liked it, and kind of hinted at wanting to do something like that again this year....

So what's a good play to see right now? It actually doesn't even necessarily have to be a play, but I want to take her to something along those lines. Don't want to do the Xmas carol thing again, but I'm not sure what's playing right now. Anyone help?

2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm not the ballet type of guy, but the Nutcracker is awesome! And it starts about that time.

Besides, it's her birthday, not yours. (secretly, I think you'll really enjoy it)

www.houstonballet.org

3. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Personally I'd take her to a Shakespeare play over the Nutcracker. My wife and I went to the Nutcracker and it was very pretty...we marvelled over how pretty it was the first half...but in the second half we were both struggling to stay awake.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Hmm. Dare I go to ballet? Snipe has me worried about that...

5. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Take her to Heartbreakers. A real woman loves a lapdance.:D

Yes I'm single:(

But I met my Son's mother at the Colorado:D :cool:

6. TexasG

TexasG Member

Well if you were in Dallas I would know the perfect place. There is a place here in Dallas called - The Pocket Sandwich Theater - It's basically a small resturant with a stage. A lot of local college students taking theater perform there. I took my girlfriend there last year to watch a play called Scroog. Now I realize you're not in Dallas but I'm sure H-Town has a theater/resturant similar to this one. Most places like that will have 3 or 4 different plays a night. They're actually pretty cool places too because they serve food, and drinks. So if the plays sucks you can get loaded, and heckle the actors.

Oh yea, comedy clubs are always fun too.