1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UEFA] AC Milan vs Liverpool

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by professorjay, May 23, 2007.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a thread started on this considering there are a few knowledgeable soccer fans here. Strangely, I'm a huge soccer fan when it comes to watching, but I don't really follow it closely if you get what I'm saying. I'd probably follow it closer than the NBA or NFL if there were decent broadcasts of soccer stateside.

Anyways, it's the UEFA Championship and I'm hyped! Coming up in 10 minutes! Is this the biggest soccer event outside of the World Cup?

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was a good game... you're watching a replay.

3. professorjay

You might be thinking of 2005?

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

It is being played in the greatest city in the world (well other than Houston Tx. of course)

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I think Euro Cup is bigger (international, less often), but probably not by much. Champions League is easily the biggest annual event.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Delete... my bad... it was 2005.

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

that seems about right

8. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Inzaghi goal...once again Liverpool go in to halftime trailing.

9. professorjay

Oh man, Liverpool in control of the first half...until the last minute when Milan capitalizes on a foul right outside the box.

10. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Thank God the Scousers lost.

11. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

italians usually flop a ton in soccer (as seen in the world cup)...but there was not a lot of flopping in this one. in fact, and it hurts me to say this, there is more flopping in basketball now than i saw in this soccer game. that sucks.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This was a very well played game on both sides. I really thought that Liverpool played better, but just couldn't finish. Why Crouch wasn't brought in earlier is a mystery. He changed the game from the moment he stepped on the field. Benitez made a mistake there. Otherwise, Milan played well enough to win and they were the ones that finished in the end.

Congrats AC Milan!

13. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

heh heh..He said Ka Ka.

[​IMG]

heh

[​IMG]

#13 Gummi Clutch, May 23, 2007
    Last edited: May 23, 2007
  14. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Exactly...and I am sorry but I don't see the big deal with Kuyt. He is RVN light, works hard and hustles but doesn't produce like the real deal. Wake up Van Basten bf it is too late and you waste another chance at Int'l glory for Holland :mad:

I like Zenden alot but he was a nonfactor and should have been subbed out after 20 mins.

I am glad Milan won it, Kaka is a amazing and Maldini deserves to go out on top.

Sweep spin by Kaka

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMJ7R388aWo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMJ7R388aWo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>