1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No question about it this TMac's team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, May 5, 2007.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yes it is true this Tmac's team and JVG was Tmac's coach. Yao is a strong secondary player on this current team. But it's time to change that. Yao needs to become the undisputed focal point of this team. He is clearly the only player who showed some heart in the clutch. It's time for a changing of the guard. Tmac is a great player but he must understand it is no longer his team and it's not about him. He has to buy into the team concept . And if he can't do that then it is time to go. Trade him Rashard and Ray Allen. Trade him Redd and a PF. It's time for all to accept the Rockets will never go anywhere with Tmac trying to show it is his team rather than just realizing it is everyone's team and they need to play like it.

2. Bohr

Bohr Member

Guys, it's not enough. Today's game is fast paced. I would rather make TMac-type player the focal point. But it's not T-Mac, unfortunately. Kobe is a better player.

3. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

at the beginning of this season, tmac said, "i only care about the team win, not myself, i wanna help yao become the league's MVP, balabala"
    and when the season about to finish, "this is my team, i make teammates better, i create shots for everyone...."

he is always full of crap! :mad:

4. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Considering the fast-paced trend in the Western Conference, Yao as our centerpiece would probably not be a good thing. Did you see all those offensive rebounds at the end of the game? Who was too slow to get to the ball on almost every one of them?

The new rules were designed to make this a guard and combo forward oriented league. Shaq didn't win the Heat the championship last year, Dwade and the Heat role players (and the referees) did.

The Rockets need a dominant guard/forward with vision that will take over in big games, and they need role players that are athletic and can create when the stars a struggling.

Tracy has shown he isn't a dominant playoff player, but maybe with some other guys that can create, the Rockets won't have to rely on one guy to do the penetrating/dishing/agressive scoring most great teams have three or four guys doing.

5. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

I disagree completely, T-Mac is the only reason this series was worth anything...can you imagine how bad we would've sucked if Yao was completely the focus of the offense. In case you forgot, everytime Yao got the ball it was a stupid turnaround jumper. When Yao was "on" in the 2nd half, it was only b/c Yao was propping him up...Yao is a 2nd fiddle player, the problem was our other players.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You're right. 16 assists in game 5 and 12 assists tonight clearly shows he is not buying into the team concept.

How about putting a real team around him instead? Everyone not named Tmac, Yao, Battier or Hayes can go as far as I'm concerned.

7. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Do this trade except not TMac but Yao:

Athletic players who can drive/shoot at every position. This is the future of the NBA.

8. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Don't agree with you on Shaq. Wade wasn't better than Kobe. It was Shaq who made his teammates and team better. I watched the whole series last year. Shaq was always double team. The three centers from Dallas each had at least 4 fouls. Shaq's only problem was his free throws.

9. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Man, Yao is improving every year, T-Mac is going down and a proved loser. No way the owner will trade Yao.

10. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

Tracy played better than anyone else on this team....Yao didn't play well, but this is on the other players on this team....we needed Bonzi or someone

11. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Man T Mac in tears.

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yao can't handle it. That much became clear this season.

But you gotta love how YOFs are trying their best to deflect blame off of Yao, who literally lost the game when he lost the rebounds to Carlos Boozer, who just flat out owned him.

But yes, I agree, trade T-Mac and let's see what we can get for him. I am dead serious too, I want you YOFs to get your wish and have him as the undisputed superstar on the team so that McGrady isn't his crutch anymore. Let's try to replicate the 1994 team. Good luck finding a Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, Vernon Maxwell, Mario Elie, Kenny Smith and Otis Thorpe.

I am out!

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

we still love you t-mac!!! obviously.. its JVG's fault.. tell your boys to foul! If McGrady's jumpers aren't falling, then tell him to drive it in!

14. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Without T-Mac, we will have another play maker, maybe someone like Kid or even Nash.

15. G Rat

G Rat Member

I like both players...

Yao clearly has heart, but he wasn't even drawing double teams and couldn't take over. He really, really, really needs to work on his hands. If a guy isn't drawing doubleteams or dominating with single coverage, he can't be the focal point.

Think about what made Hakeem great.

T-Mac clearly has skills, but I get the feeling that he coasts during the regular season and even during certain points of games and thinks he can just take over when he wants to. He can take over sometimes, but in the playoffs, everyone steps it up and I'm not sure he has that next gear warmed up and ready because he isn't pushed to go to it unless we are in a desperate situation.

16. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

It is very simple, it is either TMac and Yao doesn't fit, or JVG doesn't know how to make them fit. I am leaning to the latter.

17. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

i disagree. without yao, this series would be 0-4. he is the one arevaging 25-10 for the whole series.

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yao is weak as charmin.....how many times in this series alone did he fall on the floor????

YAO for KG

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OMR, I don't know what NBA you've been watching, but dumping Tracy to make Yao the focal point of the offense is the stupidest thing the Rockets could do. Yao's limitations were glaring during the series. Tracy's were also, but he's the only player on the team who can create his own shot and we need MORE of that, not less. The Rockets need to add ingredients to the roster, not subtract our only playmaker. #1 we need decent starting PG (and backup) that can create, finish and shoot. Preferably someone bigger and stronger than Rafer. We also need a starting PF that can rebound and also hit more than just layups. After that, we need athletic depth. Snyder needs to come back next season with more game. Luther is so one-dimensional we might need to trade him. If either Juwan or Chuck is our starting PF next year I'll be ready to give up.

Bottom line: We need both a new starting PG and a new starting PF, both coming in as new players because nobody on our current roster can be entrusted. The only 3 "untouchable" players are Tracy, Yao & Shane. I would consider trading Shane but we wouldn't get equal value.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very good post. Your first paragraph says it all. Too many times they stopped Yao without double-teaming while Boozer roasted and toasted him on the other end (except for game 1).