1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Webber out 6 weeks ???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Old School, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Old School

Old School Member

Maybe Franchise put a hex on him for cracking on he and Cuttino:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- All-Star forward Chris Webber sprained his left ankle five minutes into the Sacramento Kings' 107-88 exhibition victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday night and could be out four to six weeks.

The Kings said X-rays of the ankle were negative but Webber, who fell under Sacramento's basket and never returned to the game, had a high ankle sprain and could be out well past the Oct. 30 season opener.

Webber missed 10 games late last season with a sprained left ankle but the Kings said this was in a different spot.

"Missing Chris is a big hole. He's our best player," Kings center Vlade Divac said. "Hopefully, the team can come together like last year but you can't replace him. It will be a challenge to try."

2. B

B Contributing Member

Well, we will get to see what the Kings would have been like without Webber. I still think they are an average team without him, so they should be able to survive a few weeks. Does anyone think the Rockets could pass the Kings in the standings if Webber misses 20 or so games throughout the season? (This is probably the wrong place to get an unbiased opinion :) )

B

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The Kings didn't lose much, if anything, last year when Webber went down.

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Maybe Webber isn't bigger and better.

5. University Blue

That was when they had Jason Williams. Sacramento now has some guy named "Bibby" -- who couldn't do much with a team that included SAR, Michael Dickerson, and Stromile Swift.

No, the Suckamento No-Rings didn't "upgrade" at the PG position over the summer -- they found a scape-goat for Adelman's incompetence.

University (Memphis Blue)

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

And this Williams character just made this team the best it could be, always providing clutch shots in the fourt quarter.\

9, 5, and 2.

We're talking an all-star here.

That Bibby guy could only manage 16, 8 and 3.7

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN . . .wait wait wait. . .
    I may not be a doctor. . . but i know Kevin Cradle
    and he told me that injury keeps one out all year
    and I trust the Craddle. . i mean he would not mislead
    us . .into think something that was not true. . . .
    like. . i don't know. . . HE COULD BRING IT EVERY FRICKIN NIGHT!!!

anywoo. Kings loss our gain. Webber has had ankle problems
    for a while. . . getting that they are to the tune of Rice's feet.

Rocket River

8. University Blue

...and Johnny Quest runs faster than Wonder Woman.

University (Context) Blue

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

university,

im sorry to break your heart but mike bibby is better than jason williams-unless williams ever decides to be a ballplayer and not strictly an entertainer, i agree he has untapped potential but his attitude and background makes it a much less convincing proposition that he reaches it

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Just because Bibby is a better player doesn't necessarily mean Sacramento will repeat their feat last year after losing Webber. The Kings with Jason Williams had better chemistry, Bibby is still learning the ropes. Nice numbers by Bibby, lets see if they translate into wins.

11. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

What?

12. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

When Webber went out last year the Kings were on a mysterious roll. It had more to do with Peja' having a good stretch than anything, plus maybe they hit an easier part of their schedule or played, I DO NOT look for the Kings to have a good road record w/o Webber.

Bibby is a far better all-around player than Jason Williams, there is almost no way that trade hurts the Kings w/wo Webber.