1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Help needed: facts from NBA (&WNBA) history

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tuus, Oct 12, 2001.

Tags:
  1. tuus

tuus Member

1) i know the first black in the NBA was Earl Lloyd(correct?) , but in what season??
    2) in what season came last time NBA champs team where was only white players? what team?
    3) who was WNBA first season MVP? Cooper?

if you got links, please insert them. i start searching in web too, when work allowes ;)
    for NBA news i always find some time..

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think the All White Team to win was the St. Louis Hawks , Of course that was back when the NBA stood for No Blacks Allowed .

3. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

cooper was the mvp first year

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Techically, the first black player drafted was Chuck Cooper in the 1950 draft. The first black player to actually play in an NBA game was the 2nd black player drafted, Earl Lloyd. He played on October 31, 1950 (Cooper played 1 day later). To compound the technicalities, the first black player to play while under contract was Nat Clifton on November 4, 1950. So take your pick. :D

Not sure, but from what I can find Lloyd was the first black to play on an NBA Championship team and that was for the Syracuse Nationals in the 1954-55 season. So maybe the last all-white team was the previous season, which would be the Minneapolis Lakers who beat the Syracuse Nationals. This doesn't really answer your question because another all-white team could've won it later.

Yes.

I have links, but I'm going to let you find them... :D
    ]

5. tuus

tuus Member

thanks for answers. i still don't know "the last all white team", but thanks