1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs Destroy Celtics by 46

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by B, Oct 14, 2001.

1. B

B Contributing Member

The Spurs beat the Celtics by 46 points last night. As if that wasn't insulting enough, Duncan only scored 12 points. Can it get worse? Robinson scored a whole 2 points. I just have to be thankful the Rockets rebuilding process has been no where near as painful as what Celtics fans must be going through. How can you lose my 46 when the Twin Towers combine for 14 points? I know it's only preseason, but it's still quite pathetic! Boston almost had as many fouls 32 as rebounds 35

B

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

It's not as bad as it looks. The Celts beat the Mavs on Friday but their flight to SA was delayed by bad weather. Pierce and Walker were both horrible against SA.

The Celts played well last season once Patino was ousted. They only finished 5 games behind the Pacers for the #8 seed. With Patino gone, the Celtics fans have alot to be optimistic about...especially in the East.

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Its preseason for chrissakes!!!

Back to backs in preseason make no sense.

4. B

B Contributing Member

I didn't realize it was a back to back situation for the Celtic, nor did I know they got in late. All I noticed was the box score and the horrible shooting percentage and other stats. I will try not to make a big deal about preseason blowouts anymore, I just was pretty shocked the Spurs won so handily without Duncan and DRob.

B

5. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

Preseason.

6. red

red Contributing Member

not that i condone this but...if the rockets blew someone away by that margin of victory...people around here would be declaring it championship time...

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

... and cooler heads would be saying the same thing then as well...just not as many of them. That's how homerism works.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

true, but its still wow!

9. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

I do hope that Stephen Jackson has a solid year and that Bowen will fit in well in the offense as he has in the first two preseason games, along with Steve Smith and that Tony Parker continues to play well.

The motion offense looks good so far here in the preseason.

I also hope that Charles Smith and/or Amal MacCaskill could possibly develop into a decent role player...they've played well so far, but it is only the preseason and they will likely start the season on IR.

I'm not as impressed by the score...the C's had like 3 games in 4 nights or something. What I do like are the individual performances of certain players, as well as changing of the "dump n chuck" offense to motion based.

But, it is still the preseason.