1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are Rockets fans because we love the Rockets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by finalsbound, Oct 14, 2001.

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

But of course, even though they will make the playoffs, they likely will not pay a visit to the 'Ship. So will the Lakers repeat? Will they dominate again? I sure hope not. There was user responses on ESPN concerning how many titles the Lakers will win with this core. People, of course, were saying, "8!" "15!" "As many as Shaq wants!"

So I ask my buddies on the BBS:
    Will this dynasty continue to win?
    Will this dynasty ever fail to make it to the Ship?
    Does anyone else have a chance against the dynasty?
    Does a dynasty even exist?

I will be singing "Hallelujah!" the day LA gets ousted. But they are so freaking dominant.

Who do you think will win the NBA Championship this season? Will the Lakers continue to keep their annoying, pesky hold on the title, or will a Cinderella-type team make it a fairy-tale year?

Me hopes the Rockets beat them in 7 games in the WCF!!! :cool:

2. B

B Contributing Member

Like any dynasty, they are one injury away from repeating. If Shaq or Kobe are out during the playoffs, someone else will win it all. Barring no injuries, I think there are a few teams that might be able to upset the Lakers.

76ers - Doubtful, but if they are healthy come playoffs, they might be able to pull it off

Bucks - If they get Mason and gel together (Karl is going to love playing zone D with his team, and they could be quite scary)

Kings - With Bibby at PG, they could be quite dangerous

Spurs - If Steve Smith has a great year

TrailBlazers - If they can ever grow up...

(In my dreams) Rockets - If Mo Taylor comes back early, Griffin emerges as a Rookie of the Year candidate, Morris is one of the top five rookies, Steve and Cat have All Star years, Rice shoots over 40% 3 ptrs, Jackson is on our team and is healthy all season, and if Cato can average 2+ blocks, 10pts and 10 rebs, and learn how to catch the ball, and no more serious injuries (hence why I said this is in my dreams :) )

B

3. University Blue

...at doing what? Boring their opponents into submission?

Don't confuse Mike Bibby for...well, for an impact player.

University (Setting the Dub Record Str8) Blue

4. B

B Contributing Member

I just think Bibby is an upgrade over Williams last year. He may not be flashy, but they just need someone to get the job done, and not jack up ill advised shots or have a large number of turnovers. I wouldn't say he is a great player, or impact player, but he beefs up a weakness they previously had a point.

B

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Bibby is certainly the better player.