1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions that have Haunted Mankind

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by qwerty, Oct 9, 2001.

Tags:
  1. gradysu

gradysu Member

If people are unhappy, they're disgruntled. How come happy people are never called "gruntled?"

Really lame people or teams are hapless. But for excellent ones you never hear, "Hey those guys are hapful," or "Man, they have hap to BURN!"

Can you just have vim by itself, or do you have to have vim and vigor?

2. TraJ

TraJ Member

Lynus,

I knew I ws setting myself up with the Designing Women comment, and I've got to admit that I have no answer for your question. Indeed it is a mystery. I was just skimming the stations and started watching.:)

3. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

TraJ,

I'll help you out here. Tomorrow evening while you are surfing the tv, if you come across some show, like, maybe something like, I don't know, Designing Women, Keep on flipping the channels. That's not one you stop on. It's like a truck-stop motel, a hitchhiking man with a gun and crossed-eyes, or a yield sign on a deserted highway---you just don't stop. Push the little 'up' arrow. Maybe try the little 'down' one. Either is completely acceptable. But under no circumstance do you go, "Hey! Designing Women! I'm gonna check this out!"

Chance

Ps-Try to avoid "Golden Girls" as well. I don't care if Blanche is sexy as hell. Oh my God, did I just type that? I don't, um, even know if there is a character named Blanche on Golden Girls because I have never seen that show. That was just a stab in the dark.

Seriously.

And if there is a chick named Blanche I bet she's not a sexy old lady. But I wouldn't know.

Never seen it.

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Not a winner, obviously.