1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HOD DAMN THE COWBOYS SUCK!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Puedlfor, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

We might suck now, but were still American's Team. How many teams can suck that bad and still get national TV slots?? It may take 3-4 years, but we will be back in business. It is not like any NFL team are that good anymore or stay even above average for more than a couple of years. For now, I can enjoy a team with little talent, but one that doesn't quit. And also enjoy all that hardware from the past (5 rings, like 9 NFC championships). It also doesn't hurt that the Skins suck and the 49ers, Giants and Steelers won't be winning anything either, life ain't that bad being a Boys fan.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

"<i>We might suck now, but <b>were</b> still American's Team."</i>

You're typo was right on the mark!

I am sure the nation is waiting on pins and needles to catch that Cowboy-Redskin MNF game in a couple of weeks.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I wonder if Mike Holmgren knows what he's doing with Matt Hasselbeck .

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I seem to forget. Tell me what happened last year when the Suckskins had VASTLY superior talent?

THEY GOT b**** SLAPPED BY THE COWBOYS!!!!!!!! TWICE!!!!!!! :D :D :D

And if any of you are Colts fans you should be feeling even more ashamed then me. :eek:

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

wow, the cowgirls will win maybe 2 games this yr im impressed :rolleyes:

beating the redskins isnt an accomplishment anyway, a high school team in texas could do that

As for colts fans, NE since belichick has taken over has given Manning fits(check the records if you dont believe me), but while theyll be in the playoffs come January the Cowgirls will be asked to move to the Arena League because of their disgraceful play

So lets see situation a)certain team gives me probs but we make the playoffs or situation b) we suck worse than a DIV 3 college team and wont be better for A LONG TIME, which do i choose

Tough choice, hmm :rolleyes:

As for dallas being Americas team, thats always been a load of ****, unless its referencing the criminal population of the United States because of the number of arrests theyve had, and that is a slap in the face to those people.

They arent the nations team, each fan likes someone different usually and i personally take great pleasure in watching them SUCK which they will continue to do for the next decade as long as TUMMY TUCKED Jerry Jones keeps running the show.

Like i said earlier over under on cowgirls wins over-4, under-0(we are using the cardinals and redskins as possible wins, no one else is remotely close to the GIRLS suckiness.

6. TexasG

TexasG Member

Enjoy it while it last because the Cowboys will not be down forever. Every team goes through their down years. Not every team can come out of their down years, and win Super Bowls though. The Cowboys are one of those few teams that has been able to do on numerous occasions. How many Super Bowls has the city of Houston won? Take a good look at the Cowboys this year Houston fans because this is what your team is going to look like for years to come.

GO COWBOYS !!!!!!... AMERICA'S TEAM !!!!!!!!

7. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

They do!

Was this self proclaimed or was their a vote on it? I guess I must've missed that one on the ballot.

Apparently, there's one.

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of modifying that for you. :p

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm pretty sure last night's televised game had more to do with the Eagles being one of the top teams in the league than the Cowboys being "America's Team".

9. Desert Scar

If the Eagles were playing Seattle or the Bengals I don't think it would have been scheduled for ESPN going into this season. It is surprising to see how many Boys games I can see and I live in Arizona, it would bug the heck out of me if I didn't like to watch them.

They are America's team because most people love em or hate em, there is no voting here, it is just a well known fact. As Donald Trump says, any publicity is good publicity. The fact that some many anti-Boys fans read and comment on Cowboys threads is a demonstration of why the Cowboys are <i> American's team. </i> At least with the Boys it isn't like Neuter Damn who creats their own TV contracts and who can grease the BCS and Top 25 voters, though Jerry would if he still could ;) . And it is a testament to Boys fans that we haven't become Rams, Broncos or Ravens fans. We may suck right now, but we can definetly still swagger and sell the gear, Boys 05 Baby!!

#29 Desert Scar, Oct 1, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2001
  10. haven

haven Member

The Cowboys won't be down forever? Might want to ask how long Jerry Jones plans on making the decisions first.

What's the value in getting good draft picks if you're going to spend them on guys like Quincy Carter?

At least the Houston Texans will save the Cowboys the embarrassment of picking Major Applewhite with the #1 pick in the draft :p.

11. TexasG

TexasG Member

You guys can have Josh Heupel .... I mean Major Applewhite. That kid is not going to be a very good NFL QB.

12. haven

haven Member

Ahhh... wrong answer. It's called "sarcasm."

Besides, ain't no GM stupid enough to take Major with the first pick (or the 180th)... except Jerry Jones. See... now Major will go with the 2nd pick. Won't be nearly so infamous, that way!

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

please americas team my ***, get off your high horse and face the cruel facts, you have a horrible team, young qb who cant pass and no cap space or draft picks from the galloway trades and vets like woodson,coakley,allen etc

and remember your biggest prob of all is JERRY JONES, so instead of being smart and dealing these guys to contenders he will try to put a positive spin on the season and claim he needs them to contend

thus expect to be contending in oh 2010, maybe :D

14. Desert Scar

Noboby's taking the high horse on the low road here. If the Boy's fans can <i> poke </i> some fun about their current futility the anti-Boys fans can have a sense of humor about it too. By the reactionary comments about a team currently so sucky, just further proves who really is <i><b> America's team. </i></b> Never misunderstimate dem Cow-Boys.

15. haven

haven Member

Desert Scar, we agree 9/10 times...

but I didn't know it was possible to be reactionary about football, it ain't exactly the Taliban.

:)