1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bin Laden expresses sorrow?????

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by New Kid On The Block, Sep 24, 2001.

1. New Kid On The Block

I highly doubt this is true

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/09/24/ret.binladen.message/

News agency receives purported bin Laden message
    September 24, 2001 Posted: 10:56 AM EDT (1456 GMT)

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Suspected terrorist Osama bin Laden apparently sent a fax Monday expressing sorrow over the deaths of three people killed last week in anti-U.S. demonstrations in Karachi, Pakistan.

The fax was sent to the Qatari-based news channel Al Jazeera at its offices in Kabul.

Al Jazeera officials said based on previous transmission they have received from bin Laden, they believe the fax is authentic. Whether it was actually from bin Laden could not be independently verified.

The Taliban rulers of Afghanistan have said they have cut bin Laden off from communicating with the outside world. However, over the weekend, they said they had lost track of where bin Laden is.

The English translation of the text is as follows:

"To our Muslim brothers in Pakistan, peace be upon you.

"The news of the death of our brother Muslims in Karachi while expressing their opposition to the crusade of American forces and their allies on Muslim lands Pakistan and Afghanistan has reached us with great sorrow.

"We ask God to accept them as martyrs and to join them with the prophets, the caliphs and the martyrs and those of goodwill and to provide for their families. Those who are left behind children are my children and I will, God willing, take care of them.

"It's not a surprise that the Muslim nation in Pakistan will die defending Islam. It is considered on the front line of defending Islam. As Afghanistan was on the front line of defending itself and Pakistan during the Russian invasion more than 20 years ago.

"We hope that these brothers will be the first martyrs in the battle of Islam in this era against the new Jewish and Christian crusader campaign that is led by the Chief Crusader Bush under the banner of the cross.

"We tell our Muslim brothers in Pakistan to use all their means to resist the invasion of the American crusader forces in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

"I convey to you good news my beloved brothers that we are steadfast in the way of jihad following in the footsteps of the prophet -- peace be upon him -- with the believing heroes, the people of Afghanistan and under the leadership of our prince the warrior Mullah Mohammed Omar.

"We ask God to make us defeat the infidels and the oppressors and to crush the new Jewish-Christian crusader campaign on the land of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

"If God allows you to win, there will be no defeat; if he chooses that you will be defeated nothing will allow you to win. Therefore, depend on God.

"Your brother in Islam, (signed) Osama bin Muhammed bin-Laden"

------------------

Thoughts?

2. kirkit

kirkit Contributing Member

im sure he's sorry in a sense that a muslim brother died. this depends on if he is a true muslim [which i dont believe because it is against islam to kill innocent people ( assuming he really did the attacks on the wtc)]. if he is a true muslim, im sure he is sorry for the victims in the wtc. but he is a friggin mullah and mullahs cant interpret the quran. friggin mullahs.

3. New Kid On The Block

Whoooooops I misread it completely. He was only expressing sorrow for the Muslim brothers that died. I thought he was expressing sorrow for the whole tragedy. In that case, no big deal. Cuz I was about to say......................

4. Houstone

Houstone Member

Bin Laden Is a ****** animal!!!

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I think it's funny that the Taliban said they have cut him off from communication from the outside world, and yet they have no idea where he is. Hmmm.......

Also, he allegedly sent a fax. So either the Taliban lied about not knowing where he is, OR they lied about cutting his communications off. Either way...they are liars potentially.

I hear a statement from one of the Taliban leaders, and he was speaking English. He said, "Uhh, I do not know EXACTLY where he is, but..........blah blah blah"

He had a terrible poker face, and just looked like he was lying. Kinda like your 4 year old sits there and thinks before telling a lie, and you can almost hear the cogs squeeking and turning in their heads.