1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the New York Jets change their Name?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chance, Sep 18, 2001.

?

Should the New York Jets change their Name?

1. Yep. It's in poor taste and disrespectful to those who lost loved ones.

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. Hell no.

31 vote(s)
    72.1%
  3. Let the people of NY vote.

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Let the NFL decide.

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

RM95,

I'd root for them.

I like the Atlanta/N.C./Tennessee Crackas as the shortened name better though.

2. Hydra

Hydra Member

Jets is not an inherently violent name. It is not like they were called the NY hijackers.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I got a suggested team that needs to change its name:

The Utah Jazz

This is the one nickname in sports that makes no sense almost like the Tennessee Oilers although that is no longer. I know that the Jazz used to be in New Orleans which made perfect sense, but Jazz in Utah? Come on. BTW - If it wasn't for the Titans, the Jets could have changed their name back to their old one--the New York Titans (1960-1962? or 1963).