1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Over!!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Well, the endless summer of my unemployment is over. I now have a job as an assistant Network Administrator here in Houston.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of their input and help over the past three months. I've learned so much from this whole process, and finding a job is perhaps the hardest part of the job itself. Anyhow, good luck to the other job-seekers on the board -- I'll make sure to let you all know if I ever see any positions that would be good.

Although, if anyone wants to teach Web Design in Dallas, I know someone you can contact.

Again, thank you all very much, everyone was very helpful, and I hope that I don't have to do this for a while :)

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Congrats, and may all your future summers be occupied with work. :D

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Neither do we dude; you were gettin' kinda annoying. ;)

Congrats! :D

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I trust this won't take away from your duties of making sure I'm happy with my collection of DMB shows?

:D

Congrats man!

5. Vengeance

:) Or mine :) I've gone through over 150 CDs in less than a month -- my collection has just exploded . . .

But I still can't seem to find 7/15/01 and 7/17/01

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

[​IMG]

welcome to the grind

rH
    :D

7. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Good for you man!

Where are you at?

I am a Network Admin for Altra Energy - Downtown.

Let me know if you ever need any help.

Go Rockets!!!

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Holy cow... I worked briefly for Altra Energy back in 1996-97 if I recall. I was there for the move from Westheimer (the Duke Energy building; if it's still called that) to the Downtown location. That location is a sweet place to be if during lunch... you can go down to the mall and start shopping or go there for lunch. Small world!

9. bartleby

bartleby Member

<b>Congrats!</b>

SO what was it that turned your decision to Houston?

Chris

10. Vengeance

bartleby -- I ended up staying in Houston because of the guy I'm working with, and the direction of the school. In Dallas, I'd mostly be renovating and repairing. Here in Houston, we are totally redoing the entire infrastructure, and there's the opportunity for a whole wealth of things, especially with the new building, and some of the technologies we're looking at in the coming years. The pay is a bit better here in Houston, and I feel more comfortable as I know everyone. But the guy I'm working with is really the thing that brought me around. I sat and talked with him for like an hour and a half, and we just talked PCs and stuff, and I feel I can learn a lot from him, and I feel we have very complimentary strengths. My desire is to stay in this job for about 3 years, and then move on to MBA school. I feel I will learn more in Houston, and be able to ease into the job more here.

In the end, I honestly wanted to take the Dallas job. And if it were anywhere BUT Dallas (Philly, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle, San Antonio, St. Louis, wherever) I'd have taken it. However, with Dallas being in the same geographic area as Houston, I didn't feel it would be the same as moving to somewhere completely new and random. Even though I feel that I'd have more fun in Dallas, I think that I can do that here as well, it'll just be more difficult. Unfortunately, there aren't many people who graduated with me from college who live in Houston. There are a few, but they're med students, and that's a difficult situation socially, because of the workload. Though, I haven't got too many friends up in Dallas either, so it wasn't a huge discrepancy, but it was something palpable. Now if it were Houston/SA, I'd have moved in a heartbeat. All in all, I am going to enjoy my decision, and I am looking very forward to hopefully meeting some people and finding new folks to hang out with.

Oh, and to answer the question of where I'm at, I'm working at the school where I went to High School (bartleby as well) -- Strake Jesuit.