1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quincy Carter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Cat, Aug 27, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but you guys might have something to look forward to after all. He looks very nice out there tonight... still throws a slightly wobbly-type ball, but this guy can really make things happen, against a large portion of Oakland's first team defense. His elusiveness, ability to make a play on the run, and ability to run the option should make him a threat down the road. I know he'll be up and down this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did pretty well a year or two down the road.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Wanna trade for him? Make an offer:)

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I said in a year or two. :D I think he'll look decent this year, but even the high drafted QB's struggle in their rookie years stat-wise.

4. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

How 'bout them COWBOYS!!!!!:D

...please dear God give us Cowboy fans a half way decent season...please

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Carter reminds me of Jamie Fox from Any Given Sunday. :)

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Don't know what to think. Carter looked horrible against New Orleans though. He looked good against Oakland in the 1st game also.

I would be shocked if Dallas wins 5 games this year. I'm rooting forthem, not Jones, though.

8. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

It's only pre-season. I am a Cowboys fan and he did look good last night but wait until the season starts.
    Dallas's offensive line, which was better last year with Erik Williams at tackle than with Garmon at guard, constantly got beat on blitzes. Carter is elusive but like any rookie he will make alot of mistakes.
    Also wait until the 1st time he runs that option in a regular game and a 290 pound DE gets a shot on him. I really do like the option but it gives up a lot of shots to your QB.
    So Dallas will be lucky to win 4 games this year.
    And Jerry Jones looks absolutely ridiculous. Guess the surgeon took off a litle too much with his face-lift.

9. j-bone

j-bone Member

The cowboys will stink up D-Town this year because they won't win that much, especially with Jerry Jones pulling the strings on that puppet named "Campo". Also, what's up with that new facelift that Jerry Jones have. He looks strange.

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think there's a reason why pro teams don't use the option. I hope Quincy doesn't find out the hard way.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I know first-hand about Quincy Carter. Being an avid college football fan and a die-hard Tennessee Vol hater, I had heard all these stories and hype of how Quincy was going to lead Georgia past Florida and Tennessee. I can honestly say that he is the only player I've seen in college that got worse the older he got! His Freshman year was his best year, it seemed to me. A lot of people are talking about Oklahoma's football team this year. I find it ironic that OU's starting QB is Nate Hybl who could not beat out Quincy when he was at Georgia. Mel Kiper, Jr. said of his selection that "he was a major reach." I've never liked Jerry Jones, so it will be funny and satisfying to see this egomaniac get his comeuppance as his Cowboys will be lucky to win 4 games. I hope that Tony Banks will start over George for Washington and that the Skins beat the Cowboys both times. And I'm not even a Redskin fan...my father is!!

12. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I had the pleasure of meeting Quincy Carter down in Orlando for the NFL Rookie Premiere Photo Shoot back in May. He was a pretty quiet guy, but he was really nice. Seemed down-to-earth. We talked a little about the Cowboys (since I used to work summers for them), and he struck me as intelligent. Unfortunately, he's a little hard to understand at times.

As for his performance on the field, he was pretty accurate, but he couldn't seem to throw a perfect spiral (at least not every time). He blamed it on the footballs (wrong size? Slippery? Bad grip?). His arm strength was decent, and he threw pretty hard (for practice, at least). Granted, he's no Michael Vick (who was throwing 60 yards downfield on his back foot), but I think he'll be decent for the Cowboys. I, for one, am rooting for him and hope he becomes successful.

Side note: Which quaterback looked the worst at the Rookie Shoot (ok, ok, as bad as an NFL QB can be)? Josh Heupel. Nice guy, but not too good of an arm.