1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Article slamming Rice.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shot caller, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

This is an article on Slate. A good news website that has a decent sports writer. The article is about how stupi New York teams are and how they perpetually shoot themselves in the foot in order to not have to rebuild. It's a pretty good read.
    Anyway, here is what it says about the Rice trade.

"Last week, the Knicks hoodwinked the Houston Rockets into taking Glen Rice, himself a broken-down, overpriced acquisition from the season before."

OUCH!

Here is the link to the article.
    http://slate.msn.com/tagteam/entries/01-08-21_114152.asp

Just passing it along. I still think we did better with Rice, than with giving Shandon the kind of contract he wanted.

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

LOL, oh yeah, and Shandon Anderson at 6 years 42 million dollars is a GREAT deal! :rolleyes: New York fans and reporters are just ticked off because their team is screwed for years to come. Look who wrote the article:

<i>Hugo Lindgren is a New York City sports fan</i>

'Nuff said! Enjoy cap hell New York!

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Will, can't you do something about this guy??:mad: :cool:

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Newbie, 'Hugo' is Will's sports-penname.

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't see how anyone can argue that Rice isn't injured and overpriced.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Yes, and Shandon Anderson is unskilled and overpaid.

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Why? My motto is, never interfere with the perpetual carping, whining, second-guessing, manager/coach/player-blackballing, and general self-destructive b****ing and loathing New York sports fans inflict on their teams. If they feel the need to sprinkle their fratricide with a few lame little potshots at other cities now and then, let 'em.

The fun won't really start in New York till Scott Layden trades for Greg Ostertag.

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

They'll probably sign Stockton first...

9. Miggidy Markell

I don't think they will be signing anyone for a long time with that salary cap! :eek: