1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can the Cowboys win 10 games with Quincy Carter at QB?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrianKagy, Aug 14, 2001.

1. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I guess they'll find out!

My favorite part of the article: Banks' performance through two preseason games has been an unimpressive 6-for-14 for 54 yards.

But he also hasn't been surrounded by the four best skill-position players -- Emmitt Smith, Joey Galloway, Raghib Ismail and Jackie Harris -- and he's played only a few series in each game.

So naturally the response is to cut him.

Hahahahahaha!!! **** Dallas.

#1 BrianKagy, Aug 14, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2001
  2. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

The cowboys couldnt win 10 games this year if Roger Staubach was QBing for them in his prime. Heck as long as Jones is running the ship they will never win 10 games again. lets see you have one of the top 3 highest profile franchises in sports, and your last 3 coaches were Barry Switzer, Chan Gaily and Dave Campo. All with exactly ZERO NFL head coaching expereince. What a joke.

3. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

The cowboys have always been my favorite football and team and they will continue to be but i know this season is going to be terrible. The preseason games were atrocious. PROVE ME WRONG FOR GODS SAKE!! PLEASE!!!

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I love my Cowboys but JJ absolutely sucks as a GM!

He is such an ego-maniac. First he drafts Quincy Carter too early, gets criticized for it. Now he does what any other ego-maniac would do is cut Tony Banks who is only making $500K this year.

The Cowboys only chance is to hope Chris Simms goes against what he is saying and comes out next year. THe Cowboys should have no problem being in the top 2-3 spots in the draft and with Quincy Carter I think the season will be as bad as Troy's 1-15 rookie year. Yeah Carter does have some better talent around him, but Quincy is no Troy Aikman.

Anyways the Boys will be lucky to win 10 games the next 2 years combined.

5. haven

haven Member

I was always an Oiler's fan, but I feel sorry for Emmitt Smith. I half-way wish he'd pull an Olajuwon and demand a trade. he's too much of a class act to deserve playing in purgatory like this.

Emmitt to the Raves!

6. Gascon

Gascon Member

To win two games is asking too much of the Cowboys this year.

7. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

The Cleveland Browns are now officially better than the Cowboys. I don't think there's any doubt the Cowboys are the league's worst team. Their offensive strength is at the receiver position; well, now they don't have anyone to get the ball to the receivers.

That means that Emmitt can expect to see a lot of eight- and nine-man fronts next year.

I'll bet anyone here a dollar that the Cowboys will make a run at the NFL record for fewest points scored in a season. I'm not saying they'll break it, but I bet it will still look plausible in mid-October.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sssshh... don't tell BobFinn*... he actually thinks Banks will be a good player this year.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

The Cowboys should bring Mike Tomczak out of retirement. :) Hell, anybody have Cody Carlson's number? Bucky Richardson? Hahahaha. The Cowboys are royally f*cked.

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While I have always hated the Cowboys, even before I had decided which team I LIKED, I have to say that I don't think this move was as bad as everyone is making it out to be. While it seems rather hasty to cut Banks, I am quite sure that he would have been benched eventually anyway. From the preseason games I have watched, even his best receivers wouldn't have been able to catch most of his passes. He kept overthrowing players. Quincy Carter, bad draft pick or not, has looked much better than Banks. I think, overall, this move will not effect the Cowboys all that greatly.

They would have sucked anyway. :D

11. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

And the Texan's will be glad to grab him. :p

One thing that's good about the Cowboys retooling, is that they won't be that far ahead of the Texans start up.

If there is one team that I hate, it's the Dallas Convicts.

12. mfclark

mfclark Member

I'd go more in depth, but I'd just be reiterating what you all have said - Dallas' personnel decisions really make one wonder, though. Banks isn't that bad - and Carter isn't that good.

At least, though, I've found a team potentially worse than my Falcons.

If Dallas came anywhere near half of 10 wins, I would be extremely surprised. They need help. Badly.

13. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Cowboys might win 10 games, they might go to the playoffs and they just might win the superbowl on a fluke.
    GO COWBOYS!!!:D

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hell Beyond Emmitt Smith . . .I don't think i could name
    10 Cowboys much less expect them to win 10 games

Rocket River

15. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'm not sure if the Cowboys can beat UT right now. :D But seriously, I think UT has more 1st round picks than the Boys.,......

16. red

red Contributing Member

cowboys suck...

17. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

The real question is "can the cowboy win 2 games, period"

18. Jumanji

Jumanji Member

The only team in the NFC East capable to win more than 8 games will be the Giants.

Dallas' and Ariziona's combined wins won't total 10.