1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Should I Do About This Guy, Part 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsPimp, Aug 13, 2001.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Thank DrewP for the title.

OK, I just started this job recently here and have met some really cool people there, some of which are some attractive women. Anyway, I've become friends with one of them who has a boyfriend who is the bartender where I work. Things were cool the first time I met him. We(he, his girl, myself and a couple of their friends) even went down to Padre to party last week. We all had a good time and came back to our normal lives here in Austin. Over the past week though some of our coworkers have noticed that I may have an interest in this girl which I respond to by saying something like "She's a beautiful person inside and out, but let's not start any rumors that could become trouble." Also, a couple of days ago one of the girls I work with had a party and they both showed up. Things were cool, but over the past few days I've felt a little tension from her boyfriend. Let me emphasize, NOTHING HAS HAPPENED between me and his girlfriend. We are just friends. So, I was working tonight and went to the bar to have a beer after I got off. I asked him for a Shiner Bock and he ignores me. One of my friends from work that is sitting next to me asks him for a Shiner for me and he says "The Shiner's out" and goes on about his business. I look at my friend next to me and say to her, "I think he's pissed at me about something, but I don't know what it could be." He must have heard me because he says, "Well you've figured that much out, so think about it some more and I'm sure you'll figure the rest out." I tell him I don't know what the he's talking about and starts going on about me running my mouth. I was shocked because I have never said a bad thing about the guy although many people I work with have told me what an ass he is. So, we start going back and forth for a minute and he says that I told his girlfriend that he wasn't good enough for her. Even though it is true, that he is a piece of **** to her, I NEVER have talked with her about him and told him I NEVER said that. He then said "So you're calling her a liar?" to which I immediately responded "Hell yes and I'm going to tell her that the next time I see her!" He then said "The Shiners still broken". I wanted a beer really bad, so I became a irritated that I couldn't even get a drink at the place I work at so I called him an ass. That immediately started another battle, where he started going off in front of the customers and I said to him we could take it out back. He left the bar for the back as did I, but the manager stopped us before we made it to the door and told me to just leave and for both of us to cool off. I left and have been fuming since. That was over an hour ago.

I don't want this to affect my job because in my eyes, I did nothing wrong.

What should I do about him/her?

What about management getting involved?

I really need to punch something right now!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Timing

Timing Member

Just walk away man. No chick is worth fighting over and you don't want that kind of tension in your workplace anyway. Lotsa fishes in the sea ya know! ;)

3. Band Geek Mobster

Eventhough he sounds like an ass, you shouldn't be calling your coworkers names and wanting to "take it out back" with them.

How much do you like your job?

I mean if you want to keep it and there to not be any tension between you and your coworkers, you'll probably have to apologize to the dude for calling him an ass.

I know if I were him, I wouldn't want to be hearing about other guys dropping the "she's a beautiful person inside and out" line to my chick.

Also she sounds like a b**** if she lied to her boyfriend about you telling her she could do better.

The best thing for you to do is to extinguish the fire before management decides to do it themselves.

4. outlaw

outlaw Member

is the bartender cute? if so i'll take him and you can have the girl. (like when Elaine and Jerry set out to break up that couple)

i think you should talk to the both of them to work things out.

5. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

After what happened to me i was fuming. i look back and laugh about how pissed off i was. It was really friggin irritating but it just seems ridiculous now. My advice is to let things happen, book mark this thread , and come back in a week and laugh at yourself . :)

NOTE: oh yes, and doesnt it also piss u off that u can only put 9 mad faces? it sure pissed me off.........;)

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with BGM. It's great that she is a nice person and all, but if you aren't really anticipating anything happening between you two, then there is NO reason to endanger your job and possibly your health by having anything to do with this guy OR his girlfriend anymore. It sucks that he is an ass, and that she supposedly deserves better, but that is her choice. Apparently, it was also her choice to lie to him about things you "said." No chick like that is worth getting a shiner (no pun intended) over. My advice is to cut everything off as best as possible. If your relationship with the girl is strictly professional, you will reduce the amount of **** you will take from everyone involved.

7. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Sounds like she's trying to tell her boyfriend she thinks she could do better and that she won't be around for long.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If the girlfriend did lie, she is the problem, not him.

Tell her to **** off...in front of him. There is absolutely no reason to let a women manipulate to guys into fighting over her, especially when you don't really want her....right?

Either way, I can't believe you almost came to blows over a girlfriend's lie!

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Sounds like this girl may be beautiful on the outside but the inside needs some work if she is a "liar". She directly provoked an incident between her boyfriend and you. What may be happening here is the comment you made to some of her friends was misconstrued and relayed to her out of context.

However, it is odd that you would be making a comment that implies that you really have some thing for her. The statement "She's a beautiful person inside and out, but let's not start any rumors that could become trouble" is basically trouble in itself. Your stating something that is trouble for you if it gets around but, yet, your saying don't spread any rumors which could become trouble(which someone obviously did). You must really trust these people to not say anything. The simple thing would be to completely deny it without leaving room for misinterpretation.

Is it possible that in a liquored state you may have said something to her which implied her boyfriend wasn't good enough for her....even if in a joking context? Sometimes, after a night out partying and drinking, things get said which aren't necessarily always remembered. Also, sounds like a lot of flirting is going on with her even if she is shacked up with someone else.

It just seems like there is more to this story than what we have been told here. If not, then people in the rumour mill are just flat out lying.

10. Band Geek Mobster

Then that makes her a really bad friend for dragging the Pimp's name into this.

11. haven

haven Member

Everyone's taking for granted that the girl really did say those things. It's entirely possible that the guy was jealous, was brewing for a fight, and was the liar himself.

I mean, what do you know about both of them? Everyone's told you that the guy's a jerk, but you know from your experience tat the girl is not. Seem's more likely that he would be lying.

Bottom line? Whoever's screwing with you isn't worth bothering with. Talk to the girl. Don't be insulting or rude... just try to figure out what really happened.

Some of my best friends have been female (well, one). So don't abandon a great friendship simply because it's not "going anywhere." Girls can be friends, too ;). (that was just in response to something someone else said).

12. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Pimp,

Sounds like you would be interested if it wasn't for 'him'. Unless he is absolutely secure in his relationship with her (and he does not sound like the type that would or should be), tensions will follow.

You should either walk away from the situation or prepare to get in deeper. It is your choice, based on what you want and how much effort it is worth. Also, if you like your job, be careful. Management's actions are sometimes expeditious and unequitable.

13. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

This is what happens when you start messing with someone else’s girlfriend. You obviously have some feelings towards here which was evident in your post. Nobody likes a vulture, go find a single girl, there are plenty of them. If you did absolutely nothing to warrant him or her thinking your intentions were 100% harmless, then they are the ones with the issues, best just to back away and move on. I mean if you really don’t care about the girl, then it will be no big deal to stop talking with her.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Pimp, I made a few phone calls on your behalf. I'm happy to report the problem has been solved. You have a date with the girl this Friday at 8 pm. You have a fight scheduled with her boyfriend Saturday at noon. Happy to help.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Dude be carefull what you say to the girl. If all of her freinds say he is an ass then it is intirely possible that they had a fight and she said something to the effect that even my freinds think you are an ass with out actually using anyones name. He may have put two and two together and came up with you perticularly if he is insecure about your relationship with her. One last thing, if the dude is not your freind and the chick is hot then take her out and have a good time. If the dude is going to jump to conclusions and treat you like that then he deserves no respect from you. Take his girl! :mad:

16. WhiteMagic02

WhiteMagic02 Member

I agree with crash. Don't try to be respectful to this dude, or back off his girl out of respect. If you want the chick then get her.

17. The Voice of Reason

first off you gotta be honest with yourself.

YOU REALLY LIKE HER

this is proven obvious by statements like "nothing has happened"
    because if you didnt want her you wold have just stated, that you didnt even like her, not that nothing has happened.

also, first thing you NEED to do is talk to your manager
    tell your boss you were sorry for the other night, and that you were agitated because after a long day of work you really wanted a beer, and the bartender whom you belive has bad blood toward you refused your order. say that he left the bait, and i fell for it and took it., im sorry to bring this into your place of business. it wont haoppen again.

as far as dealing with him, you may want to talk to him out of work, or you may want to talk to her first. tell her that you are confused at what happened and "was there something i did" she will explain, and like you more

i gotta go to work now, but if ya wantmy credentials ihave them :)

for some damn reason i always end up "stealing" girls away from boyfriends. i tell ya it never works out. there is always too much baggage, but if you just continue to play the nice guy you are in. literally. also i have never been in a fight(with one of those BFs, so there is a way to have the best of both worlds. this epidemic has gone from my first girlfriend to my most recent girlfriend. with one exception, and she was the best GF i ever had. so what im saying is that you will be fine, but your always better gotting a girl un attatched.

peace

18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Terminate with extreme prejudice.....

19. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Have a heart-to heart with the bartender. I know you guys aren't close, but that could help.

Hey, but is there any sort of chemistry between you and his girl ? Be honest. :)

What is it with pretty-girls that act like jerks ? :confused: