1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VY is now the starting QB for the Titans

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by KingCheetah, Sep 30, 2006.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well just checking the score they both lost and didn't do jack in the second half today, so.....ok agreed.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's not fair to compare stats between leinart and young right now. Leinart has a pretty good recieving corp and Edigren James.

Vince has group that even made Steve McNair (former MVP) look bad last season.

They are both going to be pretty good quarterbacks but only time will tell how successful they will be. I don't remember many quarterbacks besides Brady and Big Ben that set the league on fire their first season. In the case of Brady and Ben, they both had very good teams that didn't require them to do much except not make mistakes.

Compare that to Vince's situation. The Titans aren't going to win many games without Vince being incredible.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

for people who actually watched the game there were 2 plays that were not vince's fault.

1. interception - was a halftime desperation hail mary
    2. bobby wade - this dude missed a beautiful pass towards the end zone by vince, that went through his hands

if the titans get a real receiver threat, than this team would be much improved.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There was also the pass in the final 2 minutes that VY rushed and threw right to a Colts defender... who somehow dropped it.

VY has a lot of learning to do... even if he's surrounded by pro-bowlers. He'll get better each and every game.

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Leinart has way more weapons, but you can tell by watching him that he is going to be a good NFL QB. I absolutely cannot believe he slipped to #10 in the draft, thats just crazy.

Vince's number weren't that great today, but numbers don't always mean everything. Young did well controlling the game, he looked confident and they had the Colts beat.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'd say at this point in their pro careers if Vince is even comparable with Leinart then the future bodes well for the Titans. Let him get a little more immersed in the pro game and he should be very, very good. At some point his intangible will boost him over the top.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No one ever argued that lienart wasn't more nfl ready, ran an nfl offense, and remember he stayed a year longer in school.

vince showed a lot of positives yesterday, unlike most running qbs, he doesn't rely on his legs that much, however he did show his running will still be effective, not just on the touchdown run. and he did throw a few nice passes downfield, and he stands tall in the pocket. he will be alright. no reason he can't run what chow wants to run. they didn't run that zone read alot.

8. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Nobody questions that McNabb fellow anymore. Young is a lot more like McNabb coming out than Vick--like McNabb he has good size and came from more of spread type college offense (in fact McNabb from college never had a passing year in yards or % as VY did his junior year). But quite honestly both McNabb and Vick win football games. If VY is somewhere in between those two, which I think he he has a great chance to be, the Titans will look like the smartest on draft day.

No question the team is dissappoiting. The QB position has not been the most disappointing however. The OL, WRs and defense (except sunday) has been atrocious. VY does give them the best chance to win now among their options because no drop back passer could do anything with that team. That said, McNair, who can move around and make plays and knows the offense and the league--would have made them much better. But maybe they felt money wise and team wise he would have regressed their rebuilding by keeping him. Maybe they are better sucking this year for a top 3 pick next year and a load from the draft and aim to get VY more experience and some major help by the middle of next year, and really be ready for year 3.

ML has impressed. ML is known as a super smart football player. He has better athleticism than people recognize too. But he doesn't have a great arm (less than Cutler and VY) and of course not VY's super athleticism. I don't think ML would help Tennesse. I think ML is on the perfect situation, being on a team with lots of weapons where he doesn't have to make extrodinary play, just consistely the right read and solid throws.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Vince looked better yesterday than he did last week

Improvement. . everyweek

That is what I expect

I think Texan fans should look out for that Titan game
    i'm not saying the Titans will win. . . just that it may not be a Cakewalk.

Rocket RIver

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think most texans fans understand they're not in a position to host a cakewalk with ANY team.