1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Go Raptors!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dc rock, Aug 1, 2001.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Its weird, now if you want to talk about Olajuwon it will have to be in here. But anyways, i think im going to root for the raptors next season, i liked them anyways, and now that they have hakeem i will like them alot more. Plus, they have a nationally televised almost every week.

Is anyone else going to go for them?

------------------
    mgh 1924 - 2001

http://www.al-gore-2004.org/

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Hell yeah.

Carter and Dream?

They have earned my "second favorite team" honor.

------------------
    Long Live The Catomic Bomb.

DON'T TRADE DOTEL!

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Definitely my second favorite team! The Toronto Dreams will win the title (unless the Rockets do).

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

I will always be a fan of Hakeem "the Dream" Olajuwon.

The ZRBucks!

4. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

Toronto definitely has my vote

------------------

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing.

I'll root for them while Dream's playing for them, but when they're playing us.

------------------

I have seen much of the rest of the web. It is brutal and cruel and dark. CC.net is the light.

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I hope they win the east so we can kick their ass in the finals [​IMG]

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

7. Rockettebustier

I think Hakeem should have his own forum.

You know next season Hakeems name will be the most talked about non-Rocket name in here and I don't feel it would be right for us to throw around Hakeems name amidst the Malone and Pippen crud of the NBA dish.

------------------

8. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I will definetely follow Toronto much more than last year. I will honestly say I have always hated Vince, but now I'm more interested in watching them play.
    And yes it will be weird to have to read about Dream in this forum. Oh wel at least I can get into this forum this morning!

9. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I will just have to buy the NBA ticket from DirectTV. With our luck Dream will have the best year that he has had in a long time.

------------------
    Over the years, He taught me that drowning a thing you hate- drowning it well and drowning it completly- is a slow process. It is an art only the patient can master.(Rick Riordan, The Devil Went Down To Austin)

10. haven

haven Member

You know, I'm one of the few people who doesn't view the Raptors any more fondly than before.

I resent them a little. I know they were just trying to improve their team the best they could... but I still feel unhappy about it. Besides, I'm still peeved from back when they reneged on that agreement for Stoudamire ;).

I'll root for Hakeem. I hope he does prove his critics wrong, and averages 16/10 or something. But the Raptors? It wouldn't bother me if they went 2-80.

In the East, I like the Bucs. I like Ray Allen and Sam Cassell, and I think George Karl is the best coach in the NBA.

I used to like Philly, until this year, when they got all the press. They were fun to root for as an underdog, but this year, they were overhyped.

11. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

I've hated the Toronto Raptors with a passion (as well as every other Toronto-based team save the Jays) since their inception into this league more than 6 years ago. As they became better and Vince put them on the map - making me witness many locals jump the bandwagon and try to shove it in my face that their team was enjoying the postseason while mine was golfing the spring away - my hate only increased.

However, my love for Hakeem is simply stronger than my hate for the Raptors. Damn, that sounded a lot less corny in my head than on here!:eek: Its tough for me to say at this point that they're my second favourite team, but once the play-offs roll around, I will inevitably cheer Hakeem's team on, so the basketball world can see he still has it and can be reminded of his greatness. I'm excited just to be able to watch him play on a day-to-day basis, and with the opportunity to stalk him in a way only rockHEAD can (jokes);) , and if he were to help lead Toronto deep into the play-offs it would be truly bittersweet.

Of course, I'm only going to cheer on the Craptors, er, Raptors temporarily. Once Hakeem retires I will go back to hating them.:D

Azim da Dream

12. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

do you think this puts the Raptors over the top and into the Finals?
    i think it does because last season against the Sixers it was Mutombo that was dominating, now that the Raptors have a Tru Centre i think they will be a team to recon with

a starting 5 of
    Hakeem
    AD
    Mo Pete/JYD
    Vince
    Alvin Williams

and they're bench is really deep,

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of Carter. I still argue Steve got screwed in the 2000 Dunk Contest (it should be based on vertical [another story]). Anyways, Carter has never impressed me. I don't hate Carter or the Raptors. I didn't like the Raptors until now.

My favorite team in the NBA is the Rockets of course. Now, I have a second favorite team. I might actually start liking Carter :)
    I'll follow the Raptors as long as they have Dream.