1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2006 MLB All Star Game

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by arkoe, Jul 11, 2006.

Tags:
  1. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

well, i'm sure beltran now has the record for innings played in an allstar game.

i guess it's a thank you from gar for single-handedly extending his coaching career by 5 years.

2. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Guess we need to start trying to vote all the bad players onto the AL team :)

3. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Call me a pessimist but I doubt that the NL will win the World Series this year and likely for a few years to come. As we've seen with the last few World Series home field advantage gives the AL teams a big advantage and right now we're seeing a big talent gap between the leagues. The AL for the moment not only has better hitters and pitchers but also good young players.

As NL fans we're in for a few more rough years until the talent gap evens out.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Anyone find it ironic that the NL lost in this fashion. This is a trademark Astros way to lose with Garner managing. The curse of the Garner.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

It's not Lidge's fault. Trevor Hoffman's a superstar closer, too. Garner can't close out games.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Someone beat me to the "curse" in the Astros forum. I agree...Garner isn't closing out the games. Garner is just really unlucky I guess to be the one managing the team. Garner has made a lot of moves to the bullpen this season that have blown up in his face. His standard comment is "I'll keep going to him every time". It's just amusing. Garner has to feel like he pissed off the baseball Gods when he looks in the mirror some days.