1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Replacing Iverson

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by NIKEstrad, Dec 24, 2000.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm in a league of my own, and torn over what to do. At Shooting Guard I'm fine. Actually, I still have the best shooting guards in the league even without Iverson, with my deadly trio of Kobe-Iverson-Hughes. My team is as follows:
    Starters
    Patrick Ewing
    Antawn Jamison
    Paul Pierce
    Kobe Bryant
    Andre Miller

Bench:
    Erick Dampier (C)
    Jermaine O'Neal (PF)
    Mo Taylor (PF)
    Juwan Howard (SF)
    Allen Iverson (SG)
    Larry Hughes (SG)
    Mark Jackson (PG)

The top are my starters, and are pretty set in stone. Now, I need to pick 3 people from my bench. Hughes is an easy choice, and so was Iverson. But, for the next 1-3 weeks, who should be my other two flex guys?

Erick Dampier-No way. Hurt a lot.
    Jermaine O'Neal-He's a possibility, but can get streaky.
    Mo Taylor-Yes, I've held him all season. My best option in the free agent pool would've been Quitten. He's starting to heat up, should I play him?
    Juwan Howard-Streaky, but every now and then busts out the whooping stick for a 30-8 type of game.
    Larry Hughes-Lock.
    Mark Jackson-He's been one of my flex people all year. He was putting up 12 apg earlier, but he's cooled a little. Is it time to take him off?

I'm leaning towards a flex trio of Hughes, Taylor, Howard, and if Taylor isn't cutting it, put in O'Neal in a week. Thoughts?

One more question: I've played Ewing all year long at center, so Dampier hasn't mattered. In the center pool though, Olowokandi, Reeves, Potapenko, and Marc Jackson are all available.

Elsewhere, Kemp, Keon Clark, Dale Davis, Wally World, Rodney Rogers, Quitten, Chucky Atkins, Jason Williams are available.
    Should I go to one center, and worry about the problem when Ewing goes down?

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Follow the rules or be assimilated.
    Shandon is underrated.

[This message has been edited by NIKEstrad (edited December 24, 2000).]

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I'm no expert, but I would go with

Hughes, Mark Jackson, and Mo.

When Stevie and Cat are healthy, then go with J Oneal for Mo until Mo proves he can put up good numbers with the stars.

Isn't Dampier gone for a long time? If I were you, I would try to package Dampier with some of your borderline flex players to get a decent 40 point scorer then pick up Marc and Pippen off waivers.

If only it were that easy though, [​IMG]

------------------
    snap crackle pop