1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smallworld Clutch City League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Timing, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Timing

Timing Member

Well, it looks like it's a three team race right about now with Mookies4u, Hau Amazing, and myself. Mookies4u is realy on a roll right now and building up some big dollars too.

Anyone seen Thanos around? I just wanted to ask him which month it was that he was going to take the lead. I forgot... =D

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

2. Heath

Heath Member

I know I'm out of the race -in fact was never in it - but now I'm really getting into it an climbing in the standings. I was as low as 48, but started to "play" and have climbed as high as around 30 (think i was as high as 28 at a time) Its getting harder to climb as the competition rises, but I'm aiming to slowly rise into 25 then 20 and see and opening to get into top 15 before the season ends. Higher seems diffucult as I trailing lot in points and money. But my first aim is catching up with KeepKenny as I aimed him at 30 (he is now 26) when I was around 40.

------------------
    Heath

3. Heath

Heath Member

Yeeah, I know I need the money so that has been my object since consetrating harder here. Going for money over points at this time, and I think I'm about even moneywise with positions 15 and down, thats why I belive if I keep getting more dough I will eventually get the benefits in points later. What I know hurt my chances from early on was not paying to much attention, and starting out with a crappy initial team. As this was my first go at smallworld I even let them put me back close too 2 mill before deciding to play this game. But all this forced me to use up my player transisition, so I have minimum to go on there. I hope to find the room to save me a transition or two to back me up against things that are bound to burn me.

------------------
    Heath

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

am i last

i still can't remember my log in name and passwrod since the first time i made up my team

------------------
    In 1993-94 Mugsy Bogues averaged more boards for the season than Mo is this season!!

5. Heath

Heath Member

No, actually you are 37 of 66, but only 59 players have earned points. This illustrtes how much I sucked in the beginning managing to fall to 48, and only recently passed you. Doesn't smallworld offer a password/username retrival? With 28 trades available you should be able to rise in position both regarding points and money.

------------------
    Heath

6. SmeggySmeg

heath,

thanks i might try
    what are the league details again
    How did you go with your shoe selection, did you see there is 20% off a t mvp.com and they stock reeboks

Smeg

------------------
    In 1993-94 Mugsy Bogues averaged more boards for the season than Mo is this season!!

7. SmeggySmeg

I'm in now who's good to get????

------------------

8. SmeggySmeg

this is my team

T Hardaway
    Mobes
    Steve
    C Alexander

K Martin
    Garnett
    Odom
    Forston

J Oneal
    K Cato

the obvious options for improvement are dumping Alexander, Fortson and Cato, but who do i ge as replacements?????

------------------

9. Heath

Heath Member

Damn, I'll hate my self if you pass me in the standings [​IMG] Actually you are not that far behind in points, and with a lot of trades available you hold one edge in catching up those sub 350 points and $7.5 million.

btw I've not decided on sneakers yet and I think I'll waituntil after Christmas before I order a new par.

------------------
    Heath

10. Heath

Heath Member

Well that will leave you with $7.74 mill to get yourself a replacement guard, forward and center, so I guess you have to go cheap. Check out El-Amin for the guard position - he is producing over his pricetag just now and should rise. Give Stith a look for the forward position. If you take these two you would have $4.6 mill to flesh out on a new center. You should also se how your other players are producing compared to their pricetag and their potenial for getting a value rise - most important for you as it was for me is to earn some money to get better players later on. You also need to keep an eye on the schedule for your players,
    (and others you wanna buy) if a player on your team gets injured or have 2-3 nights of, unload them as their price will fall.

I on the other hand have only 4 trades each week and sometimes get me in a position where I've used all trades before I get new ones each tuesday. This is not a good situation, and I hope to save up 1 or 2 trades soon to fall back on to avoid any situation burning my team. But then again - sometimes I'll have to take a chance to catch up - and hope I'll manage to I get my new 4 trades.

btw of the two players I suggested I currently only have El-Amin but I see Stith is also producing numbers over his pricetag and rising.

------------------
    Heath

[This message has been edited by Heath2000 (edited December 12, 2000).]

11. Timing

Timing Member

At this point of the season at Smallworld money is really the key. Making money is like throwing body punches in boxing. Someone with less money will be able to hang in for a while but eventually they will fall behind and get knocked out of contention.

------------------
    "Somebody DO something out there." -Bill Walton

12. Curly

Curly Member

I'm hanging in at #10, and I haven't able to adjust my team in 2 weeks. #1 is a ways away, but I'm moving up a couple of spots this week!

------------------
    In the end there will be no judges...only witnesses to my greatness.

13. The Voice of Reason

I have ben at 15 this whole damn season. the problem is that i go and do something good, than dont pay atention for a while. during that time some idiot gets injured, and i loose a million bucks [​IMG]

oh well its all about being active, so i understand my position

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    http://www.hanta-force.com

14. Heath

Heath Member

Thanks to Countingcrow who in another thread mentioned how good Marc Jackson of GSW was playing lately. I picked him up for close to nothing and he produced big numbers against the Rockets. (Doesn't everybody?) Think he scored over 30 SWP today, and he has been bringing close to these numbers for the last 3-4 games. And now his price is starting to rise too. [​IMG]

------------------
    MOOOOCH FRO THREEE!!!
    DaDakota's headline suggestion in the chat, after Mooch banked in - with the Fro - a three to give the Rockets their 3rd straight win to secure a 3-1 roadtrip.

15. Heath

Heath Member

Hey, forget about that slowly thingy [​IMG] I'm now at 24 and have now catched KeepKenny (#25) and is a marvelous 8 points ahead. It's time to look higher, so VOR you said you've been 15 all season - that was my earlier aim for the season - but perhaps its possible with more - who knows. BTW you are Mizery Maniacs at 16 now or? Anyway with a little over 500 points to gain - it might take some time, but be warned I'm coming.

PS: Smeg - you gave it another look - but decided against? You where about 350 points behind at the time, but now you are over 1000 and I can't see you made any moves.

------------------
    MOOOOCH FRO THREEE!!!
    DaDakota's headline suggestion in the chat, after Mooch banked in - with the Fro - a three to give the Rockets their 3rd straight win to secure a 3-1 roadtrip.