1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scalia's Obscene gesture...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mulder, Mar 30, 2006.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I re-read the article again and it appears that Scalia did say ‘Vaffanculo' to go along with the gesture. I have no problem with the gesture, but saying 'go f*ck yourself in the ass' in front of a church is a problem. Lying about it later is also problem, but not unexpected.

I think what is needed is a net petition to get Scalia extraordinarily rendition-ed to Syria where he can some time to rethink his behavior.

2. insane man

insane man Member

according to our resident scholar basso the middle finger is the christ-way.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He's just saying JC is #1.

4. insane man

insane man Member

the #1 hand-sign displayed by the middle finger?

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

First Janet Jackson shows her nipple (kind of) for a millisecond during the Super Bowl...

...and now a Supreme Court justice scratches under his chin and tells his detractors to go f'themselves (maybe).

Why, America, why have you deteriorated so....whyyyyyyyyyy :mad: :mad:

Let us pray!

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

spoken like a true neo-con christian.

not just profanity infront of churches or senate floors, but advocating torture, even of children, bombing of innocent civilian populations, which amounts to the deaths of tens of thousands of CHILDREN, calling for the murder of heads of state (pat robertson), claiming that judges deserve to be murdered for their judicial activism (john cornyn), pathological lying to americans on virtually every issue, cavorting with male prostitues who they plant as fake reporters in the white house press corps and are on record as having dozens of late night visits to the white house.

i could go on, but you fake christian neo-cons make me sick.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

you liberals are hilarious.

You're such a hate-filled, angry group just waiting to erupt for whatever reason you want

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

keep showing your ignorance tradertexx.

9. rimrocker

Dandy Don reference... On MNF, A fan shot the finger and Meredith said something like, "He's just saying you're Number 1 Howard."

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How does something so inconsequential get so much press and even BBS discussion?

11. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

dammit, I agree. i rarely agree with scalia, but i don't think think this is a big deal at all, even if he did give someone an americanized finger. Considering the impacts of his opinions, him flicking someone off is the least of my concerns. I won't say this is only characteristic of the liberals, but also of the extreme righties like bigtexxx too.

I'll just say that if Ruth bader Ginsberg did the same thing, would you care as much? bigtexxx would be on that boat asking for her to be disbarred, but I think anything more than a chuckle in either cases is the most it deserves.

12. rimrocker

Projection: Projection is one of the defense mechanisms identified by Freud and still acknowledged today. According to Freud, projection is when someone is threatened by or afraid of their own impulses so they attribute these impulses to someone else.

13. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Freud is also pretty much doubted my most Psych scholars.

That is unless you want to have sex with your mother.

14. nyquil82

man, a lot of projection going on in this thread. :p

15. underoverup

underoverup Member

there is no difference between scalia flipping his hand under his chin and shooting the bird, different places all have ways of saying F off it's still the same meaning. people in kosovo say F off by holding there thumbs up like a hitchhiker..............

if they did that in a church it would still be morally rehensible. :eek:

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Typical liberal overreaction to anything they think might damage a conservative. Liberals don't think - they scream and throw schit and hope something sticks. It's hilarious, to be quite honest with you.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and your kind thought about and planned the iraq war real good

18. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Conservatives don't think. They bungle the response to the worst terrorist attack in American history, and then give tax breaks to those who don't need it. It's criminal, to be quite honest with you.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I've done worse in a church.

20. nyquil82

Former alter boy, eh?