1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we get the Detroit pick...

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SooneRockStro, Apr 30, 2000.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

who would you like to see the Rocks pick at 14. I like Scoonie Penn. So in the draft this would be my dream. Trade Cato, Williams, and/or Drew up to #2 to get Fizer or #1 to get KMart, then take Scoonie at #14 and take Najera at #38(his stock has really fallen). This would give us a depth chart of
    PG Penn/Norris/Drew?
    SG Francis/Mobley
    SF Anderson/Williams?/Najera
    PF Fizer or Martin/Thomas
    C Dream/Pig

Drew or Williams are involved in the Cato+9 pick trade. We might also get one of Orlando's picks, and mayber Phoenix's pick at 25. So I bet CD and Rudy would try to package those picks to move up higher. The Rockets could possibly have the 9, 13, 14, and 25 picks in the draft so you see the Rocks probably do something like 9, 13 and Drew for the #1 and then on top of that do a 14, 25, and Cato and possibly Williams for #2. It sounds really far-fetched, but I don't think Rudy would want to take four rookies that he'd probably have to cut 2 or 3 of them because of all the players already on the roster. So look for some major dealin if the Rocks get extra picks this year.

------------------

2. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I could have sworn someone said, Najera was a sure fire 1st round pick......just giving you a hard time.

I do not like Scoonie Penn at all at #14. I don't even think he's worth a first rounder in my opinion. And why do the Rocks need him?

------------------

3. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

we dont have a 2nd round pick it belongs to chicago from the scottie pippen thing....and dont trade cato, unless we get a Center, cuz Dream wont play all year, if at all, and with the Pig at center theres no chance at the championship.

------------------
    The Rockets Championship in 2001...Be-Steve-it

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually, I believe we have our own 2nd rounder, because we conveyed the 2nd rounder from Vancouver via the Sam Mack trade to Chicago.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

He was, until the Desert Camp. I still think he will pan out to be something good in the NBA and I hope the Rockets take a chance on him at 38.

------------------

6. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

If we get the detroit pick we should
    draft Ernest Brown or Desmond Mason.

If we get the Phoenix pick we should draft Chris Porter, Jabari Smith, Najera, or JaRon Rush

See above for #38. id love to get porter at #38.

francis is our PG. NOT SG. sorry. Just the way it is. No way he's a 2. besides andersons contract requires us to play him at the 2.

------------------
    --TEX