1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More Mock Draft Speculations and Random Mumblings

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MattsayzIstillbelieve!!!, Apr 25, 2000.

1. MattsayzIstillbelieve!!!

1)Clips-K-mart the poor fella
    2)Bulls-Mihm he'll miss Texas this Winter
    3)Magic-Fizer traded to Grizz and hates it too
    4)Grizz-DJ traded to Magic and is quite pleased
    5)Hawks-Courtney Alexander will be ROY
    6)Bulls-Barkley not ready but will be Bibbyish
    7)Nets-Miles gonna be dangerous but a lotta development comes first
    8)Cavs-Mo-Pete will make great complement to Miller
    9)Rocks-Mike Miller might take a bit but will be good. Nice ballhandling and shooting forward with an ability to play good D, and has nice lateral quickness. Filling out his frame a little to D it up in the post against some 3's shouldn't be a problem. But his penetrating and interior moves that go along with his full-court skills and shooting range. Well that and his flyin to hoop with excellent hops. He'll be ordained as the South Dakota white hope but he has quite a bit of the hip-hop in his game and I expect his game to complement the new style with great results.
    10)Magic-Moiso eventually pretty good
    11)Celts-Keyon Dooling will possibly save Rick and the Chowderheads but then turn out to be the 2nd coming of Chauncey Billups
    12)Mavs-Desmond Mason should be a real good 2 and could be ROY
    13)Rox from Magic-Dream2-like Dream he's from Nigeria. Olumide Oyedidji "Oh Oh its Magic, you know" the AT&T thing he should advertise for as he speaks good English and has great game. Dream will recognize the talent from having seen it in the mirror when he was in some Final Fours. They'll be the perfect mentor-pupil situation.
    14Bucks-Etan Thomas better than Tractor and Tim
    15Pistons-Mateen will be okay but thats it
    16Clips from Raps-Q-Rich wow guy fell almost as hard as Porter but once he leaves the clips will be good
    17Kings-Hightower CC scrub gets drafted way b4 his teammate and also future 2nd round scrub Ernest Brown
    18Sonics-7'2 Greek dude with crazy name and likely weak game
    19Hornets-J-Rush rushin a little early for being ready to NBA it
    2076er's-Joel "Pansy" Pryzbilla ugghh
    21Raps from Wolves-Scoonie will help
    22Knicks-Jason Hart gets the point better than Childs and Ward
    23Jazz from Heat-Matt Collier=P
    24Bulls from SA-Chris Carrawell
    25Suns-Mamadou N'diaye
    26Jazz-Hanno Mottola of course
    27Pacers-Dan Mc'Clintock from Northern AZ
    28Blazers-Ken Johnson
    29Lakers-Jabari Smith or AJ Guyton

I'm gonna miss Sir Charles. Both the 6'4 unstoppable warrior on the court and for the kid at heart playing the class clown. One things for sure no player is ever gonna be quite like Chuck(even though Fizer will remind us of him some). He took everybody to school like few others have done in this game. Ever. At his best I take CB over Karl but not quite Moses as best 4 ever in the game. Of course he didn't have the health of Karl Malone who won alot of people over with his discipline, and conditioning, and reliability of health. But when healthy in their prime Chuck wins hands down. Chuck as a passer and a defender was like Bird which is actually good and fundamentally solid all around. The force of his will and his mind on the court could be devastating. Ask Chris Webber when Chuck scored 63 and like 17 and 7 to take down the GSW in the playoffs CWebbs Rookie Campaign that he got ROY. Just the wit and the wackyness of the man. A caring individual who is funny, fierce, fiery, and friendly. He made his teammates better and he made friends of many and enemies better than most. You gotta love him unless you're Charles Oakley or that annoying short underage illegal alien who went through the plate glass. Who won't miss him on the court. I'm sure though we'll hear from his bully pulpet enough cause he will be a star as another sort of entertainer very soon. Let the mascots rejoice. On Cat leaving this summer well it would definitly hurt but not quite demolish our rebuilding over the summer. That being said Cat will be back for the two year middle class contract plus 8%. Knowing of course that the Rox will come through for him because of the track record and the good relationships that are here. I'm sure he would have an out after one year and then he could be paid with Dreams cap space or we might have lost the referendum because of the foolishishness of Houston so he leaves town before the Rox do. Dear Les we love you and please stay. The Rocks could be satisfied with this draft working like this here or could also luck out or trade up for a better slot. Not only that but I would not be suprised to see us trade for someone of immediate and substantial benefit. Some examples that could be done are sign and Trade for Hill using from among these worthy assets Wiz(1 year at 4.5, Thomas(850K), Los(from Detroit one year at 2.2 and with health could be good maybe MIP candidate), Drew(2 year at a mil each with an option on 2nd played well starting), and their own potentially valuable pick plus another nice option of maybe drafting Mo Pete for them. All this with the 4.5 trade option we could have Hill passing to Franchise and the guys. Webber in my opinion should be thinking about getting out of Sacramento pretty soon and might force a sign and trade over here if the stars align just right or we might get him in free agency next year. Finley can bolt then too. Duncan seems to be headed to Orlando or SA in that order. You know it won't be long term in SA anyway. EJ is good but not 4 us he'll "consider" Orlando but take the max in Charlotte instead. I hope McGrady stays with Carter although I'd love his talent in Rocket pinstripes unlikely though it is. Orlando and Chicago are both gonna go all out for his services and whichever wins could be awesome very soon. Payton will and should demand changes. The Clippers will again defy all odds and lose heroically with all that wasted talent. Somebody tell Stern to not let the mockery continue. A good complementary trade to the previous Hill blabbering I foolishly threw out there would be Indiana giving Detroit Jalen Rose and Al Harrington for Stackhouse, Drew, and Wiz. Courtney Alexander will win ROY next year because K Mart is in HELL and Mihm looks only okay next to Brand. If Mihm stays I wonder which of the 3 centers in next years lotto would go first and would Swift, Battier(who I think will have a Kenyon Martin like year but a forward at the 4 and 3), or Morris sound good. Hmmm way ahead of the game but imagine the possibilities. Okay well I predict this draft will be considered better and deeper than previously thought...again. Pitino and Jordan will fail at getting rid of their headaches. We should get Najera in the second round in exchange for a big Latino vote push in the last referendum chance we still have. I voted and will do so again but we need everyone to vote this time. I mean come on people it's a hotel & car rental tax we already have that we used for baseball and football and they didn't get championships. On another note I would love to get Gerald Wallace if he entered the draft. He is the next wunderkind outta High School and actually looks more athletic, smart, and dedicated to the game than Kobe was at the same stage. Let me just say this he is 6'7 220 has better hops than Vince, a solid fundamentals base, a good outside shot, great D, and some longtime scouts have said he has the same total package game as Jordan did but for the 3 not the 2. Sounds delightfull but he's probably headed to Alabama for some seasoning. In my opinion its a smart move though by a guy who's eligibility is not in question and who although he could be a lotto selection is smart and willing to wait. Stevie will continue to more and more show how he can dominate this game. Thomas Hamilton will be arrested for smokin soap he thought was crack. The Dream Team will win even though Hardaway and Baker don't get off the bench much. That Ally McBeal chick will fall in love with Oliver Miller. G-Dub Bush will be thought of as intelligent statesman and leader by a whole lot of very quite wrong people who don't know he is sleeping with a bunch of Young Republican groupies, binge drinking, and snorting Sweet & Low. Please do not remember you heard it here first. Barkley enters the presidential race at the last minute and runs away with it having Jordan as his VP. Gore wishes he had gotten Bill Bradley as his running mate to nix Chuck's basketball advantage. That and having personality and not being wishy washy were unrealized goals. Although lets face it Al never could con the public and press on Clinton's level let alone Sir Charles. I mean imagine that White House! All this plus Sam Cassel gets mad at George Karl and abducts him in his UFO. Stranger still is wonder beyond wonders Cato getting alot better over the summer and earns his money as we all know he can plus the moves and mid-ranger ya'll might have seen a glimpse of. "The Slobinator Returns!!!"
    My final image this season is of little Stevie Wonder skipping upcourt the ball an extension of his body like he was playin with a jump rope and smilin and yellin at Cat and makin a fake pass and swishin the 3 that nails the lid on Scottie's postseason next year and then Mobley jumpin after him as he skips back to the other side of the court.

***Elie... we don't need no stinkin Elie Mobley's takin over ROCKETS IN 2000 BABY***

[This message has been edited by MattsayzIstillbelieve!!! (edited April 26, 2000).]

2. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

I would love to get Miller, but does anyone know where I can get a look at Oyedidji? I had never heard of him before he played for the international team of high schoolers. Did he play that well, that we would consider him in the early first round?

------------------

3. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Juan,

Yes, I read the whole thing. It's worth it. Several smiles.

------------------

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

JV,

I am with you.

------------------
    "You've got 6 fouls, use them well" -Derrick Coleman

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Anyone, please tell me if you actually read ALL of Matt's ramblings. I just looked at the whole block and scrolled on down to the next post.

Draft predictions are fun and I've read quite a few of them now (since I don't know squat about college ball). I've come to the conclusion that all the experts don't know what they are talking about. Martin is always the top pick and there are a couple of other guys who are consistently high, but then there is so much disparity between where different experts think different players will go that I think it'll be best to just wait until the draft itself. If anybody really knows, it's the teams.

------------------

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Moe, after your endorsement, I decided to give it a shot. But when I scrolled back up there and saw and was reminded of just how damn big that block is, I became discouraged. Oh well, I'm poorer for it, I'm sure.

------------------

7. MattsayzIstillbelieve!!!

Come on you have to be able to read this post without being afraid cause its a big dark scary lookin article...uhh okay I understand your fear but you can perservere man. I believe in you. No for real though. If you had tried it you might of liked it. Just try it. Everybody's doin it. I'll even give it to you free this time. Don't be chicken man. LOL =P

------------------
    ***Elie... we don't need no stinkin Elie Mobley's takin over ROCKETS IN 2000 BABY***