1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The unthinkable has happend!!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Rocket Guard, Apr 20, 2000.

1. Rocket Guard

Rocket Guard Member

Well,we can be happy now.We saw sir charles walk on his own and even score his last proffesional basket AND we got the 9th spot in the lottery!!yes,denver beat the quitters er..blazers,boston beat the knicks and our rockets lost AT home AGAINST the grizz(Also ex-rockets dickerson and harrington had good games,hope the best for them up north but they are welcome back this off season if they want to =)

Now that we know about where we'll pick(lottery is on may 21st),who do you want??

A very probale offseason that could make us a playoff team would be picking up fortson with the 2 mill and drafting miles since walt is playing well,so darius will have time to develop until wizard's contract expires.This way we are good next year and championships contenders for years to follow.Oh,and obviously re-sign cat

C-Cato(give him a chance)/olajuwon/miller
    pf-Fortson/thomas/rogers
    sf-wiz/miles
    sg-Anderson/mobley
    pg-Francis/norris

IL:Bull,Hamilton(bring him from europe for insurance)

See,I dont include drew or a trade with the 4.5 mill because I think is better to trade drew for a future first rounder to a place like the clippers where he is actually needed and get something good in return for when we have roster space,and also,if we use the exception it will still count against the cap next year which hurts our chances of getting finley or webber whcih is what we all are hoping.

Sorry if i bored you with my opinion,but i would like to get all of yours back.We rocket fans are now officially in the offseason so let the fun begin.

------------------
    NEVER underestimate the heart of a champion!!!

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Technically we don't know where we'll pick until the lottery for the top 3 picks is done. We can still get picks 1-3. Okay, so I'm being optimistic for once. [​IMG]

------------------
    <this space for rent>

3. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Damn straight. Who wouldn't bet on 1.80% odds? [​IMG]

------------------
    Check out the best source for draft info.

Draftsource.net

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

1.8 % for the 1st pick right ? so, add in 2 and 3, does it become 5.4 % chance ? come on math majors. tell me i am right.

also, there is definitely a chance that we could be 10th or worst if a team behind us gets the 1st pick right ?

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

gr8-1,

yeah...although I play a math major on the bbs, I'm not one in real life. But it seems to meee...that if the sum of the chances of those behind us is greater than the sum of our chances, chances are we would move down one slot before we would move up.

of course, if we move up, its a monstrous move. looOvely. I feel lucky. Also, the first time I did Clutch's random lottery drawing game, we ended up with the first pick. Good things happen to those who don't tank!!

6. gr8-1

heypartner, can you so that in english please ? lol j/k.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I ran Clutch's ping-pong-ball drawing with us in the 9th spot, and we came up in the top 3 two out of three times. 66 percent! Those odds look pretty good to me.

8. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

It only took me 5 or 6 times for us to get Kenyon. So we just need to set our VCR's and then rewind and play until we draw the #1 pick. Ya know, like all the teenage girls going to see Titanic again and again praying Leo makes it through this time .

Or maybe we just need a "friend" picking the lottery envelops and another "friend" to bend the corner of our envelop. Oops, we aren't the Knicks, Ewing isn't being drafted, and the NBA moved to a ping-pong ball lottery.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited April 20, 2000).]

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sir Scarvy
    Yes, but the NBA does the picking behind closed doors from what I remember. Maybe they want Francis to do well, so they'll force the success of "randomness" on us. [​IMG] Naaa... 'course not. The NBA has perfectly good reasons for doing the drawing behind closed doors. What those reasons are, I don't know. Seriously, do they still do the drawing "off-camera"? Or did they change that somewhere?

gr8-1
    What HeyPee is saying is that if we move up, it will be a huge move up, because the only moving up we can do via the lottery is to the #1, #2, or #3 spots. Any other moving up would involve trading.

------------------
    <this space for rent>

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

if any club deserves such 'randomness' it's the Rockets.

Professor:
    they still do the drawing behind closed doors. For what reason, I am unaware. There are supposedly representatives from every team, but i'm sure their individual needs (oh, is that your $20?) could be subverted for the greater good.

------------------

11. gr8-1

Did they ever do it on live tv ? i used to remember seeing alot of envelopes in a bin or something.

Sir scarvajal, Im sure you are right. But who the hell wants ewing anyway ? i dont care how good he is, I think he is an ingrate.

Anybody else think it was odd that chicago got the #1 last year ? Oh well, if they didnt, we may not have francis.

------------------