1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNNSI Mock Draft: 1. Kenyon, 2. Fizer, 4. Miles

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, Apr 18, 2000.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<a href="http://www.cnnsi.com/basketball/nba/news/2000/04/16/draft_preview/">CNNSI Lottery Mock Draft</a>

They have Mateen Cleaves at #7 ... Mike Miller at #13 (though he'll probably go higher than that).

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cleaves and Thomas in the lottery? Umm....no.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

3. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

When can teams begin trading again? The only dates I've found are FA negotiating (7/1)and FA signing (8/1).

------------------

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Mateen will probably be almost as good as Miller was this year.

Etan has size.

I think Mason may slip into the lottery. Should be able to play 2 or 3 in the NBA. Shoots 50% from the field and 43% from the college line while being the number one threat. Can you say athletic? I always thought He was strong for his size.

#4 has been the highest I've seen Miles.

#10 will probably be around where Barkley goes even though I like him more than Cleaves. He's the second best point guard to come out in the last 3 years. I like Bibby more than most people too, but dislike White Chocolate more than most. If the draft doesn't have any other contributers left when the rockets pick...

They didn't mention Wallace. Has he said he won't declare?

Moiso is out of lottery. Athletic big men don't go after Przybvillsajskadhshgfs;l, or whatever his name is.

NAJERA DIDN'T MAKE THE LOTTERY. Oh wait he sucks*.

*In comparison to NBA players.

------------------
    "You've got 6 fouls, use them well" -Derrick Coleman

5. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mateen will not be as good as Andre Miller this year. Miller is a special kid who will be one of the best rebounding guards for years to come. Miller rarely ever turns the ball over. He's a solid defender who can get into the lane. Miller has better size and speed than Cleaves. Cleaves has a propensity to turn the ball. But you've got to love his heart. But he will not be as good of a pro as Andre Miller.

------------------

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Cleaves at 7??? Way too high for this kid. Sure, he played well and stepped up in big games. I just don't think he has an NBA game at all. His jump shot is out of order and he doesn't possess anything that stands out, ie athleticism, quick first step, jumper, crossover dribble, nothing like that. I don't think he will have enough strengths to cover his shortcomings in the pros.

I do agree Fizer will go very high. Despite all the naysayers in here, he will go top three. He is just too good to pass up in a draft with few quality big men.

The mock draft also has Quentin Richardson going late in the first round and Erick Barkley is not even listed as a 1st rd. possibility. Strange!?!?

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited April 19, 2000).]

7. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Cleaves is a winner, but he has a flat out ugly shot! I'm sure Cleaves will be alright as a pro, but it will be tough for him to be great when he can't shoot. He reminds me of Avery Johnson. If he's in the right spot he will excel, but if you count on him to score you';re in trouble.

------------------

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Da Man

Are you sure about the better speed? I was under the impression that Cleaves was faster and more daring, but Miller was stronger and protecred the ball better. I think Cleaves will be a decent creator in the NBA, but don't know if hew will score as well.

------------------
    "You've got 6 fouls, use them well" -Derrick Coleman

9. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, their speed might be comparable now that I think about it. But the descrepancy comes in the quickness. Miller has the quicker feet on both ends of the court. Can get into the lane better than Cleaves. Cleaves is going to be a good defensive guard unless he goes up against the super quick point guards. Then he's in trouble. But that's not a huge concern since there are only a handful of those super quick point guards. Cleaves is a lot of Miller in that he knows how to control the tempo of the game albeit a little out of control at times. And he pushes that fastbreak as well as anyone in the collegiate game.

------------------