1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morpheus Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rac1310, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Rac1310

Rac1310 New Member

I'm a first time poster so let me start off by saying hello to all that post here on Clutch BBS.

A month or two ago I saw a post here on this board about Morpheus. I beleive it contained some information on how to get .mov, avi., and divx to play on Morpheus through the use of codecs and drivers.

I would use the search feature on this board to try find that post ,but unfortunatly my connection is so slow it takes forever to do a search.

Can someone here please tell me where I can download these things at. And once they are downloaded what folders do I put them into. So that I may use them. Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Unfortunately, no one can be told where the downloads are. You have to see them for yourself.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

3. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I don't get it. Napster is shut down but you can get video & audio from Morpheus? Its really scary how much you can still pirate, er...I mean "share".

Do a search for Morpheus on Yahoo and it'll take you to the sight, so download it.
    Searching is pretty simply. Open your Morpheus up, click on the search tab at the top. You'll see off to the left "Search For"Everything, Audio, video etc... Type in what your looking for and it'll bring it up.
    Saving is easy. Go to TOOLS at the top of the screen and choose OPTIONS. A window will come up and click the downloading tab. It'll wanna save it to a Morpheus folder, but change it to wherever you want.
    Pretty typical.
    Oh yeah, if you have a slow connection, you might as well fah-get about it, you're gonna be waitin' forever for stuff.
    Good luck. Hope you didn't start a small fire here [​IMG]

------------------
    This space left intentionally blank...

[This message has been edited by mr_oily (edited July 25, 2001).]

4. Rac1310

Rac1310 New Member

I already have Morpheus on my computer, and I already know how to search for files and how to save them.

What I am asking is how do I preview the video files that are in the formats of avi., mov., ect.. I can preview the video files that are mpg. But I cannot preview and watch any of the other types of video files that my searches bring up.

Oh and as far as my connection goes thankfully I will be upgrading to a T1 connection next week.

------------------

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

What program runs (opens) the files with the .mpg extension?

Search for this in Windows Help:

associating files

Mango

------------------
    Get it right or just don't do it!
    Resistance is futile....you will be assimilated.
    Start more Dream threads!

6. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

As far as previewing videos, I know what you're talking about, it sometimes doesn't preview other formats.
    I usually just wait and see what it is I downloaded, then delete it if I don't like it.

------------------

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Musiccity.com has morpheus, its funny how they make a big deal out of Napster yet there are 5-10 programs that are just as good doing the same thing.

------------------
    "banging Shaq is a whole different expirience"-Pete Babcock
    Behold the power of quotation

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Rac - Yes I have Morpheus and I know what you are talking about. The Mpeg files do work when downloaded but most of the avis and mov files dont work. They always say something like cant connect or error. I dont know but its like that. I asked other people who have it and they said they have the same problem. Some of the avis and mov work but not that many.

Also just a wild question , Why do you want to see Mpg, avi and mov files? What kind of stuff you watching there?! [​IMG] PERVERT

------------------
    "The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex," Ewing said. "I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left."

9. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

and how come YOU know what he's talking about?! And your friends?!and ME?!?! [​IMG]

------------------

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Umm, newsflash...

the key to downloading movies, mp3's, etc can be summed up with 4 letters:

NNTP

------------------

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If your newsserver doesn't expire them or doesn't miss any of the 1 million parts to them, NNTP rocks. Otherwise, I think something like Morpheus or Napster is a major upgrade from d/l'ing off a newsfeed.

------------------
    "I'll tell you this, the older I get, the less I trust people. It's true. It's damn true." -- gr8-1 going through some growing pains.

12. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

ok i was the one talking about the morpheus thing earlier..... ok so anyway u need a codec to play .avi video files but i suggest u get a player that can play any video format u want. Morpheus media players sucks ass!

http://www.divx.com/download/divx.php go here for the playa and codec u need for divx, .avi videos any other video format u will ever need

http://www.divxcrawler.com/ go here for help with most stuff divx

http://www.ultimateresourcesite.com/divx/players/main.htm heres a small list of players if for some reason the playa doesnt work out for you

and finnaly, good luck finding free divx movies ont he web. Its hard to find anything that works the way u want to. But good luck with all your video playin!

------------------
    "The early bird may get the worm, but so does the bird that finished off the tequila bottle the night before" :)

13. Band Geek Mobster

I just downloaded morpheus yesterday and I thought I'd try the whole song stealing thing and I gotta say I love it. I fully plan on purchasing some of the cd's with the songs that I've downloaded, but it is a great way to check out some new music, especially when the radio in Houston sucks as much as it does.

------------------
    So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking,
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

14. tozai

tozai Member

totally agree pete, houston radio sucks really bad
    what kind of music you like?

------------------

15. rock

rock Member

Morpheus rules! I'm glad that there was something out there to replace Napster. I realize that there are also other alternatives. Houston radio does suck!

------------------

[This message has been edited by rock (edited July 26, 2001).]