1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush admits to "faulty intelligence" re: Iraq war

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SWTsig, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The fact is they were fooled by an Iraqi disinformation campaign designed to keep the US from invading Iraq for fear of massive casualties.

(or at least that's what I would have said)

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

All the hippies are in their 50's, or older, and many of them have six figure, or more, incomes, own their own businesses, own corporations, some are multimillionaires, and many still manage to hold on to their liberal ideals. You could do a hell of a lot worse than having the country "run by hippies." We're seeing a hell of a lot worse right now.

I don't think you'd recognize a hippie if they were 16 inches from your face.

Keep D&D Civil.

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

How about the "16 words" of the State of the Union speech prior to the invasion that were known to be unsubstantiated and false. Is this faulty intelligence or just plain lying to get what you want?
    Let me get this straight, the Bush administration believed the faulty intel to be true and 57 million believed the president to be honest about that reason and yet over 1,000 days later,over 2,000 dead and this all the explanation we are supposed to get?! Where on earth is the outrage, indeed? If this all the explanation you war and bush supporters need then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.
    And this bleeding heart, Iraqi freedom and democracy dog and pony show that Conservatives have decided to espouse shortly after "Mission Accomplished" is the biggest farce ever. Please tell me how that now it suddenly affects the U.S., when it never was even mentioned during the 1st Gulf War. Why was it not a major priority for the first Bush administration. I guess conservatives have always had a soft spot for Iraqi's, is that it?

There are so many factors that need to be addressed in order to bring peace, lasting peace to the Middle east that no matter how many elections you hold, there will always be violence and no amount of good intentions will make it so.
    Saddam is gone but there is still violence, so how is that an arguement for you neo cons to rally around? But it wasn't our fault, blame the intel. How convenient.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What planet do you live on? :confused: There is a boatload of evidence that indicates that the administration purposefully cherry-picked intelligence that supported their views and ignored that which was inconvenient for them, by various means, from just ignoring it to squashing any dissenter. It is beyond dispute.

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?030512fa_fact

The President's exact role in this is unclear. What is not unclear is that Cheney, Rummy, et al. did it, and that the president thinks they are doing a kick-ass job, a la Michael Brown I guess.

Sadly, only with regard to the Bush Administration do facts = hatred.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

"It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong. As president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq," Bush said. "And I'm also responsible for fixing what went wrong by reforming our intelligence capabilities. And we're doing just that."

Translating ...

I was completely incompetent leading the country into Operation Iraqi Regime Change. Since then though I have gained my competence back and will address my incompetent short falls at this time.

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

oh great, rich hippies. that's like sharks with lasers attached to their heads.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We eat sharks.

What in the hell do you think people do over the course of 40 years? Live in a time capsule? Again, you have no idea of what you're talking about. In my opinion. Those of us who hold to our liberal thoughts about politics, and the rest of what makes up this world, haven't stayed on a commune in New Mexico all this time, although that sounds damn good right now. Get a grip.

Keep D&D Civil.

8. hotballa

?? I thought the plagiarized comment from Austin Powers would activate your sarcasm detector.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Man, my back is killing me today. If there is any sarcasm I should be detecting, it's apt to fly right over my head. Sorry, if that's the case.

Keep D&D Civil.

10. hotballa

No sweat ;)

I'm still worried about liberals in the White House though :D