1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KG for Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jmejia, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

KG is 29 years old!! He's in his prime now, but you can see that window closing in the next 3 years.

No way do I trade KG for Yao.

But, if we're talking Amare (even with his season ending injury) for Yao, then I would do that trade. :)

2. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

The latest rumor according to ESPN Insider is Rasheed Wallace and Darko Milicic to Minnesota for Garnett.

3. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

no way...wow.

4. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

I posted this in the Barkley Says to Trade Garnett Thread in the NBA
    Forum:

If we offered Yao and Stro for Garnett I think they would take it in a heartbeat, but theres no way it will happen in the forseeable future.

Garnett has a lot of miles on his tires and I think will continue to decline. He is significantly better than Yao right now in his passing, defense, rebounding and feel for the game, but Yao is actually a better back to the basket post up player. Thats always been the knock on KG, he is not a traditional post up guy like a Yao or Duncan and therefore cannot get a shot off near the end of a game. Though I think pairing KG and TMac would be a defensive grid, I think their game overlaps in some respect. KG usually has the ball in his hands and a lot of times plays out of the high post. T-Mac usually has the ball in his hands on our team and thats why Yao is a good compliment, he doesn't need the ball in his hands and is a solid post up player that commands a double team to free up the perimeter.

Though a KG to T-Mac pick and pop/roll would be unstoppable! KG is a better midrange shooter and can grab that roll pass better than Yao.

I think that KG is declining and will slow down as Yao will get better. I would not do it as a rockets fan because I think Yao gives us a long foundation and could potentially pass up KG next year or the following year ( his decline coupled with Yao's improvement)

That and Loyalty: Yao has shown so much loyalty. He didn't even talk to anyone and let himself be courted by the lakers etc. I just don't think we could re-pay that loyalty with a trade that is not as sound. The only person that would make me think otherwise would probably be Tim Duncan.

5. F.D. Khan

I don't know why Minnesota would do that. Rasheed's head is only on straight because he is winning and Milicic has not shown a thing.

I think some teams with lots of talent like Chicago could give the most formidable offers, especially with Garnett being from Chicago.

I could see these teams making these offers that are better than Detroits:

Chicago: Chandler and Hinrich (or Deng) : There you have a point and big man. I think Chicago has enough youth that they could and would do this.

Golden State: Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy: I think GS would do this as they still have Baron/Dunleavy and enough youth to go with a true leader.

New Jersey: Vince Carter and Krystic: This would allow Minnesota to retain the star appeal and give them a swingman and young post player for Garnett.

6. yaoII

yaoII Member

ouch!

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

I think baddest is going to make to the dictionary one day. It's not such a bad word to use, at least some famous writer used it.

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

TRADE YAO. point made. Why did we give him the max?

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

So what if Yao is a cash cow...he wont be for long if we keep losing. No one will be in the seats, cause we'll keep losing.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

A) It ain't gonna happen.
    B) No way in hell it will happen.
    C) Are you freaking nuts?
    D) Salary cap issues make this impossible.
    E) Why in the hell would the T-Wolves make this deal?
    F) Why in the hell would the Rockets make this deal?
    G) Are you a total moron?
    H) What is wrong with you?
    I) Last I checked, we're only 10 games into the season.

Just a random sampling of previous responses and those yet to come.

This thread can now be locked.

11. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

There was no "we" regarding the max, and you are certainly not part of it. Les gave him the max, and I would guess that he believes Yao is worth it.

But on the second thought, maybe it's a good thing for both the Rockets and Yao. For the Rockets, KG is certainly better than Yao right now, but I doubt he complements TMac as good as Yao does. Nobody can guarantee a ring anyways. Just, if KG + TMac can't win, and I doubt it with the way current supporting cast are playing. TMac might demand a trade again, who knows.

For Yao, it would be time he finally realizes that NBA is about business only, love or loyalty from the organization, city, and fans are just talks, his own fault to take it seriously. He would then wake up, that nothing is more important than his own stats and fame, when he starts to do that, become a top ten player, no matter his team is winning or not, some of the fairwhether fans and bandwagon fans would whine to demand a trade for yao again, maybe including some of the so-called rockets fans, including you, sir.

But year after year, constant dramatic change will only harm the organization, the city, and the team, of course those real Rockets fans as well, and that doesn't include you, sir. No team will win with a major face lift in starting line up every year. The reason Spurs and Pistons are solid, stable and strong teams, because they have a stable core.

12. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

let's see if YAO out and TMAC alone, what happen? 19 loss again?

13. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Good question

14. F.D. Khan

Ask any GM in the league and i'm sure 90% would pay him the max if not more.

Max Players that the GM would trade for Yao in a HEARTBEAT:

Ray Allen
    Micheael Redd
    Steve Francis
    Elton Brand
    Stephon Marbury
    Jason Kidd
    Vince Carter
    Chris Webber
    Zydrunas Ilgauskas
    Paul Pierce
    Joe Johnson
    Jason Richardson (not sure if he's on a max)

Max Players that the Team would very much consider trading for Yao:

Dirk Nowitzski
    Allen Iverson
    Amare Stoudamire (microfracture procedure doubt)
    Kevin Garnett ( i think they would do it )
    Shaquille ONeal (his age and slowdown of production)
    Ben Wallace (all defense)
    Jermaine ONeal (injury prone)

The Guys That the Team Probably wouldn't trade Yao for:

Duncan
    Kobe
    LeBron
    Wade (maybe)

Thats it kids. He is that valuable and has that much potential in addition to his play right now. When he is in the game, the game changes and very few players can do that.

I think you guys are also forget that Tracy McGrady FORCED the trade to Houston. He didn't force the trade to Minnesota, and he had the ability to use his opt out clause as leverage. He could've gone to a lot of places but focused on Houston because of Yao. We're discussing the pros and cons of Yao vs. Garnett, not a complain about Yao who 90% of GM's would trade anyone for. Look at what some centers like Dampier, Jerome James, Rasho and others are making and you'll see its not THAT far from the max so that discussion is pretty silly.

15. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

I will not trade Dirk for YAO for sure. DIRK is such force.
    Amare? will see,

16. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

Philly would not trade A.I. for Yao
    the suns would hang up in Dawsons face.

17. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

People who cannot formulate correct sentences should be banned for posting...You get the point. :D

18. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Yao, Howard, Swift

for

Garnett, Olowakandi, Madsen.

:eek:

19. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I think the best place to shop Yao is with the Clippers.

Sterling loves money more than winning, and Yao can make him tons.

We should give them:

Yao, Howard, Swift, and Anderson for

Brand, Magette, Livingston, and Kaman.

20. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Get'r Done