1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AP] Military Shares Public's Declining support for Bush, war

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tigermission1, Nov 6, 2005.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

TJ, you don't get it. We can't win. Sure we can kill a few hundred thousand more Iraqis and put in a puppet government that will last as long as we keep fighting. I guess you call this winning.

You arm chair militarists won't fight for your ideoology and increasingly the working class who are drawn to the military often by few attractive opitons in civilian society, and even the working class troops, are increasingly coming to your positon of the war is not imporant enough, so let someone else die for it.

Similarlly you don't seem to have any faith that Americans will, if given the truth, fight to defend their country. Perhaps this comes from your own refusal to fight in this conflict, which in your minoirty opinion, you allegedly see as vital for United States' security. I believe most Americans have a more consistent code of personal honor.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

No question about it. Al Qaeda's greatest recruiting tool has 3 years to go on his 2nd term.

3. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the article says that about 500 adults were surveyed but not all of them military. It simply said that 53% of military respondents felt this way. Am I misreading this?

4. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Clearly the United Method Chruch hates Bush and America.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

After reading the posts in this thread it appears that we're all terrorists.

Sweet.

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

why do the soldiers hate themselves?

7. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

The results of the ill-advised war are doing a good enough job on their own of eroding support for the war. As far as breaking the will of the voters in the U.S., first there has to be voters. Most people don't vote. The only positive to come out of Iraq is that Saddam and his sons are no longer in charge, I can't think of another positive at the moment.

So if all of us liberals are terrorists in your eyes, what is your plan to rid America of terrorists?