1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who were the Raptors going to give us for Dream?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket Freak, Nov 23, 1999.

1. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Just curious. I wish Rudy wouldn't have pussed out and eighty-sixed that one.

Now, we are stuck with an average Olajuwon for two years and will get nothing for him when he retires.

IMO, the key to rebuilding QUICKLY in the NBA today is trading old famous guys with a couple of years left for several young guys in their first few years.

Everbody knows this is a business, but Trudy let his personal feelings get in the way of what was best for the Rockets and now we are going to pay for it for years to come.

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I heard it was the #5 and #12 pick, plus kevin willis and doug christie. They coulda had maggette at 12 and benderat five, although i haven't heard much from either of them. Also, we may not have done the francis deal if this went through.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

3. CaucasionSensation

And somehow I wish we could have packaged those picks for Odom, or move down with the 12 and someone to grab Marion, but hindsight is 20/20.

I would have loved that deal, but love Hakeem a litle too much to make it. I just hope he retires after this year.

4. popeye

popeye Member

Odom would have been the answer for so many of our problems.

But who knows what would have happened to the Pippen deal, the Francis thingee, Barkley, etc...

Erv Johnson/Massenburg
    Barkley/Willis
    Anderson/Odom/McLean
    Francis/Maxwell
    Christie/Mobley

This line-up may have been a keeper. We definitely would have caught our limit of fun games to watch,real early.