1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Billy Graham's Son Suggests Katrina Due to Sexual Perversion & Satanic Worship

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Oct 5, 2005.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Unlike the author, I believe President Bush is all too eager, like with Halliburton, to continue his pattern of giving members of the conservative coalition access to the cash.

Franklin Graham Contaminates New Orleans
    U.S.
    Author: Steve Sabludowsky | 10/4/2005 Home : Politics

According to Franklin Graham, the son of evangelist, Billy Graham, “"There´s been Satanic worship in New Orleans. There´s been sexual perversion. God is going to use that storm to bring a revival. God has a plan. God has a purpose."

On CNN, Graham later denied that he was referring to the lord punishing New Orleans as the latest God driven plague.

After reading his quote and then the transcript of an interview with CNN, I am sorry to say that I honestly do not believe Franklin Graham. I personally think he was hit by a storm of controversy due to his amazing comments and backed off- after realizing how absolutely and incredibly diabolical it made him look.

And how does he know that God will use the storm to bring a revival. Did he receive an email from the lord telling him this? Or, was it a vision thing?

The truth is the City of New Orleans is teetering on the brink. It will take forward thinking, hard working, honest men and women to revive the economy of one of the world’s greatest jewels.

For Graham to even link satanic worship and sexual perversion to a catastrophe is an incredible insult to so many of us who make our living in New Orleans.

For those who only know New Orleans as a place of Satan and sexual perversion simply does not know New Orleans.

We have incredibly hard working people living in this city, many who are worshipers of the same God as Franklin Graham. They have children who go to schools, do homework, and try their best to be great citizens of the world. In fact, I think a very good number are in Iraq fighting for America while their loved ones are dispersed throughout America due to Katrina and Rita.

Yes, New Orleans does have Mardi Gras which many non-New Orleans visitors seem to attend yearly, and has a gay population as does any major city in the world.

So what? It also has some of the finest people you will ever locate who make large sacrifices to their house of religion, who are focused upon bringing up their families as morally as possible.

Graham also referred to the issue of trailor homes that are available. He stated “these mobile homes ought to be given to the churches for the ministers in the community to decide what are the poor families that need these trailers and not the government.

I don´t think the government should be in the trailer-park business. I don´t think they know how to run a trailer park. But if you give these five trailers to every church and let every church in Louisiana have five trailers and to take in five families that lost their homes and let the church look after them and care for them, and then at the end of one year let the church take possession of the trailer”

Before giving a trailor or anything over to Franklin Graham or any religious group under his stead, perhaps we should first ask if the religious organization is going to deny access to the trailor home based upon religious or sexual orientation. Further, based upon Graham’s comments, perhaps we should make certain that the religious organization is not going to make the trailor occupiers convert or repent before having access.

Today, in Baton Rouge, former President Clinton stated it would be a good idea to have the faith based organizations involved with helping the victims of Hurricane Katrina and Rita.

Somehow, I think President Clinton, President George H. Bush and even President George W. Bush will think twice before entrusting any home for victims to Franklin Graham and others who are so wrong in their characterization of the hundreds of thousands of wonderful people of New Orleans and surrounding regions who are looking for answers to their new misery and who might have power over what type of people would live in new homes. We also do not need blatant discrimination by a so-called person of the cloth who sees very little in slandering some really great people, a wonderful city and who is putting the entire faith-based relief program into severe jeopardy by his comments.

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/articles.aspx?aid=5190

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I wonder why Boston is still around?

3. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

I think that Graham's quote can go either way. It could either be "this is part of God's plan and good will come out of this," or it could be "God has smitten the wicked city of New Orleans and will cleanse the land of their filth." I am not sure which it is. What I do know is that this is very different from the approach his father took. Billy was famous for refusing to be political, refusing to judge and disparage other religions, and refusing to be intolerant. I hope that Graham meant the former, but I can't be sure.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

W should never had nominated a dyke to the Supreme Court. More pain will likely follow.

5. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Magic thinking. Hey, let's put God in a box. That way, we can make him do whatever we want. Cool. My God does spells, and yours can't. Naa Naa.

See, all we need is to do these magic things in this special order.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What complete and utter crap.

On May 27, 1997, an F5 tornado destroyed a neighborhood that was a large part of the village of Jarrell, Texas. That's just north of Austin, for those who don't know. It peeled the asphalt off the roads. There was nothing left of where houses stood but the concrete slabs. 27 people died.

As far as I know, none of them worshiped the devil or were sexual perverts, not that I could care less. How would anyone know? How would this idiot know? Oh sure, God damned New Orleans and sent a hurricane to destroy it.

Bullsh!t.

Keep D&D Civil.

7. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Classic example that there is no more dangerous weapon than ignorance.

8. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Like father, like son?

9. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

If hurricanes are systematically wiping out perverts, half this board will be gone within a year... :eek:

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Y'all wanna really get pissed at TV evangelists? I saw Carlos Beltran giving his testimony on the 700 Club one day last week... :eek:

If it makes you feel better, God led him to New York.

11. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

Lord, I ain't askin' for much, just a hurricane to punish the wickedness of Beltran and the stupidity of Isiah.

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

To the Mets?!?!?

God's a liar!

13. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Franklin Graham is an idiot. No question about that at all. He is an absolute insult as the progeny of Billy Graham. In my book, he and his kind are just the same as the people who say Israel was behind 9/11.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Frank Graham is nothing like his father at all. Although he's not quiet a 'lunatic' like Falwell and Robertson, he's getting closer with a few more comments like these.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why else would a hurricane reek such havok on NOLA? I agree that if it wasn't for sexual devience and devil worship then NOLA would have been just fine.

Nature, local, state, and federal govts. have nothing to do with it. It was all that evil sexual devience and devil worship.

I need to go because I was spying on my neighbor right now, I think she's a witch. I'm going to try and talk the neighborhood into doing a float test, to find out. I wish this was Florida so I could just shoot her, the next time she set foot in her yard.

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Classic glynch distortion right here, folks. The thread title is just flat out wrong and inflammatory. Graham is suggesting that good can come out of the damaged city of New Orleans. They have a fresh start. He is suggesting that this is an opportunity for people of the faith to come in and do good work. He's not saying that God sent a hurricane to wipe out the evil doers.

glynch, you must have very weak positions if your only way of defending them is to distort and lie.

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

BTW, isn't Houston the capital of gentlemen's clubs?

I would start packing up if I were you...