1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[poll]What do think Florida's new "stand-your-ground" gun law?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by wnes, Oct 4, 2005.

?

Based on your religious/moral belief, are you for or against this new gun "law"?

1. I am against it because of my belief in Christianity.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. I am for it despite my belief in Christianity.

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. I am against it because of my religious belief (other than Christianity).

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. I am for it despite my religious belief (other than Christianity).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am agnostic/nonreligious/atheistic and against it because of my moral principle.

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  6. I am agnostic/nonreligious/atheistic and for it - Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with him.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Great. I know I can count on your widsom. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actually, using the example of paying tax to test Jesus to counter my argument is a poor choice. This one is easy. By "not obeying" this new gun law which you are against for whatever reason, all you need to do is NOT resorting to using firearms in situations where casualties can be avoided by simply walking away, for instance. You are not going to be punished by law if you elect to do so, wizkid!

There is no dilemma here, not even close.

#21 wnes, Oct 5, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

wnes, I wasn't countering your argument with that post, that is my response. What Jesus said in that section with regards to giving Caesar what is his is that while on earth, we obey the laws on earth. So I support the law despite my belief. While Jesus says to turn the other cheek, and in my personal practice I'd choose not to carry a firearm and shoot at people at the slightest inclination, I would "support" (well in reality I think the law is stupid and I'm against it, but by "support" in this case I meant that I can recognize it as the current status quo) the law.