1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grizzlies "vigorously shopping Francis"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RunNGun99, Aug 19, 1999.

1. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Pippen33, kind of a smart ass and not particularly insightful comment (to put it politely), Dream or MJ didn't win there first few years either. Granted comparing KG to MJ is premature, but he is the best combination of talent and game awareness out there. I can understand a solid argument for TD (more refined but less athletically gifted), but in my opinion KG will be THE PLAYER of the first decade of 2000.

As for Francis, I would offer Othella and any of last years rookies for him. I think it might be far to both teams as well, Vanc needs more solid players to build around Adbul-Rehem and Bibby, we need a young superstar for the future. You just don't get too many oppertunnites to get the best player in the draft (which most people think he is), you must roll the dice if you get the chance.

As far as involving Pippen and BC in the deal. That is fine too. I think BC, though overpaid, is a decent enough center to be on the roster. But I would see the Lakers and maybe another team having to be in the deal to make it work, Vancouver wants youth and may already have the 2nd best SF talent in the league, they have no position for Pippen.

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited August 24, 1999).]

2. GetRidOfPip

GetRidOfPip New Member

I realize Big Country is huge, but what would our opponent do if we put the Dream and BC on the floor at the same time? Especially the Faker$ cause they only have one Shaq.

3. sailor

sailor Member

Big Country is not Oliver Miller. BC has a decent game and even excellent passing skills. If we get him we can dump Carr, Roberts and keep Pig Miller, assuming Chunk re-signs and we keep Othella, we are all set on the 4 and 5.

Sailor

don grahamleone likes this.