1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Predictions thread .

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Apr 25, 2001.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its time to make our predictions now , When we dont know what the heck is going to happen in the NFL this season .

Moe's Stone Cold Lock for 2001 -

"The Houston Texans will not lose a game"
    ---------------------------------------------
    AFC EAST
    Indianapolis Colts--- 12-4 A solid Offense , Again No defense

New York Jets-------- 10-6 A team with Curtis Martin is going to suceed if he stays healthy

Buffalo Bills-------- 8-8 Johnson can win 12 games but the running game is still weak

Miami Dolphins------- 8-8 Jay Feidler is a average QB on a team with an above average defense , This worked for the Ravens

New England Patriots- 5-11 Will regret not taking Kenyatta Walker to help the pitiful protection .

AFC Central
    Baltimore Ravens----- 12-3-1 Their Defense is awesome , And there passing game just got better , scary .

Tennessee Titans----- 12-3-1 Who's gonna play receiver this year? The ghost of Haywood Jeffries? George is solid though

Jacksonville Jaguars- 9-7 I think Brunell and the Jags can turn it around with Carnell Lake and Hardy Nickerson both coming back from injuries .

Pittsburgh Steelers-- 7-9 Average Running , Average Passing , Average Defense , Average Team

Cinncinatti Bengals-- 4-12 They're improving!

Cleveland Browns----- 3-13 Will stun The Bengals with a loss to win the NFL Loser crown

AFC West
    Oakland Raiders--- 12-4 Charlie Garner makes a dangerous offense flat out hostile . And the defense is improving fast.

Denver Broncos---- 11-5 Will the lastest Defensive Backs help Denver at all?

Seattle Seahawks-- 9-7 Great Draft , Great Defense , Oops somebody forgot about the quarterback!

Kansas City Cheifs 6-10 hell even Trent Green looks decent with Faulk , Bruce , and Holt . He's taking Tony Horne with him to KC, Im thinking this isnt whats it seems to be .

San Diego Chargers 6-10 Your offensive line is still flat out crap . Flutie will run for his life...literally

Division Winners , Raiders , Colts , Ravens , Wild cards , Jets , Titans , Broncos

The Broncos thrash the Jets , The Ravens and Titans meat in a rematch , The Titans prevail after Jevon Kearse Sacks Elvis Grbac in the end zone . The Colts trounce The Broncos and the Titans beat the Raiders after Eddie George goes untouched for a 96 yard TD run . The Titans beat the Colts on a Steve McNair pass to Bruce Matthews on 2nd and goal from the 3 yard line .

AFC Champion - Tennessee Titans

NFC East

New York Giants------ 10-6 Secondary was most overatted when Baltimore stunned them .

Philadelphia Eagles-- 10-6 McNabb running wild and A healthy Duce Staley makes a good team

Washington Redskins-- 8-8 Redskins beat Dallas once , Season considered sucess .

Arizona Cardinals---- 5-11 A young team with talent but no chemistry .

Dallas Cowboys------- 4-12 Quincy Carter , Tony Banks , Anthony Wright , Interesting .

NFC Central

Minnesota Vikings----- 13-3 You cant stop Moss and Carter , Culpepper is a linebacker in a QB uniform . I predict Michael Bennett ( who some say is the best RB in the draft) will be a surprise and become yet another steal for Denny Green .

Tampa Bay Bucaneers--- 12-4 Better QB , Good RB's , Strong Defense , But they cant win in cold weather .

Green Bay Packers----- 10-6 Favre will come back with a vengence ... on the Bears and Lions

Detriot Lions---------- 8-8 Way to much mediocrity here , Jerry Rice at 32 couldnt help this team

Chicago Bears---------- 3-13 McNown is still Young , They have no one to run the ball , And no receivers outside of Marcus Robinson

NFC West

St. Louis Rams------ 12-4 Faulk is the real deal , Only he can decide who wins games , His health is Numero Uno priority.

New Orleans Saints-- 10-6 , Duece or Ricky and Brooks or Blake could tear apart a up and coming team

Atlanta Falcons----- 7-9 Chandler should play most of the season to help Vick learn .
    San Franciso 49ers-- 7-9 Lost their Running Game , But Passing Game is still good , Defense is lacking

Carolina Panthers--- 6-10 , This team is so screwed up I dont even know who plays for them anyone more .

------------------
    Vice President of Executive Operations of the Sean Colson Fan Club

http://bbs.clutchcity.net

[This message has been edited by moestavern19 (edited April 25, 2001).]

2. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Moe: That AFC Central looks strong. I do disagree in that I think Tennessee will win 13 games and SWEEP THE RAVENS. By and large, Tennessee outplayed Baltimore in the title game. Several missed field goals and one fluke play and the Titan season was over.

Tennesse has gotten better and maybe so has Baltimore, but a wholesale change to a second-drawer quarterback is a Big Unknown. Gotta admit, though, that Baltimore defense is a Monster, and Titan's D is no slouch either but has improved with the addition of Carter. Titans had better learn how to throw the ball UPFIELD, for gosh sakes!

I expect Tampa Bay to rise and Minnesota to fall though as Tampa Bay takes over the NFC Central. Minnesota lost Randle and Ruud off their mediocre defense. And they lost Robert Smith on offense. Plus Moss is PO'ed.

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.

[This message has been edited by RichRocket (edited April 25, 2001).]

3. Hydra

Hydra Member

Tampa picked up the missing piece(a quarterback) and should be able to win it all this year, especially if they can win homefield advantage and not have to play below 40 degrees in the playoffs.

------------------
    "Of course, thats just my opinion, I could be wrong" -- Dennis Miller

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

My predicitons:

AFC EAST

Indianapolis Colts--- 11-5
    New York Jets-------- 10-6
    Miami Dolphins------- 10-6
    Buffalo Bills------- 7-9
    New England Patriots- 5-11

AFC Central

Tennessee Titans----- 13-3
    Baltimore Ravens----- 10-6
    Jacksonville Jaguars- 9-7
    Pittsburgh Steelers-- 7-9
    Cinncinatti Bengals-- 4-12
    Cleveland Browns----- 3-13

AFC West

Denver Broncos--- 12-4
    Oakland Raiders---- 12-4
    San Diego Chargers-- 9-7
    KC Chiefs 7-9
    Seattle Seahawks 6-10

NFC East

Washington Redskins------ 10-6
    Philadelphia Eagles-- 10-6
    New York Giants-- 9-7
    Arizona Cardinals---- 4-12
    Dallas Cowboys------- 4-12

NFC Central
    Green Bay Packers----- 12-4
    Tampa Bay Bucaneers--- 12-4
    Minnesota Vikings----- 10-6
    Detriot Lions---------- 7-9
    Chicago Bears---------- 5-11

NFC West

St. Louis Rams------ 14-2
    New Orleans Saints-- 11-5
    San Francisco 49ers----- 7-9
    Carolina Panthers--- 6-10
    Atlanta Falcons-- 4-12

Wildcard

AFC

Colts over Jets
    Ravens over Raiders

NFC

Redskins over Eagles
    Saints over Bucs

Divisional Playoffs

NFC

Packers over Redskins
    Rams over Saints

AFC

Titans over Ravens
    Broncos over Colts

Conference championship

NFC

Rams over Packers

AFC

Broncos over Titans

Super Bowl

Rams over Broncos

If the Rams draft pans out the way I think it will (should give them a solid defense) they will be close to unstoppable. If this team plays D, they'll be one of the scariest teams you've ever seen...

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor, Jason Collier, and draft Richard Jefferson fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!
    ClutchTown.com

5. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

moestavern19...how can you be raider fan and not even predict the raiders will win it all?

Raiders all the way for me.

------------------
    Draftsource.net

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When we get a decent safety I believe we'll go all the way . Otherwise a team with a good Tight End is going to kill us

------------------
    Vice President of Executive Operations of the Sean Colson Fan Club

http://bbs.clutchcity.net

7. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

"Kansas City Cheifs"
    That is CHIEFS. Perhaps is Al gets his billion he can change the name.
    Just win MAYbe

------------------
    "UNBEATABLE"

8. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

I think Gibson will prove to be a good safety and our safety woes will go away. Perryman sounds intriguing also, he played olb and s.

Plus, if it really is bad and we are stuck with Pope again, we can get like marion, or june 1st casualty. Same like rison and thomas.

dun start me on the chiefs...we own them. =) Thanks for gannon and rison.

------------------
    Draftsource.net

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Titans all the way this year.

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

10. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

GO LIONS!!

If Charlie Batch can stay healthy, the team will be very solid. He is the key to the whole offense -- an awesome talent when he isn't injured, or coming off of injury. I predict a good season for him, and a playoff berth for Detroit!

------------------
    "Up and down, inside out, outside in, some you lose some you win"
    -- DMB -> "Sweet Up and Down"

11. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Raiders all the way. If Gannon holds up.

------------------
    "I may be mistaken, but I'm never wrong" -Barkley

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Cowboys are going to DESTROY! [​IMG]

------------------

13. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I believe you meant to say, "Cowboys are going to dis Troy..."

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.
    PowerbizOnline.com

14. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Actually I think he meant to say:
    The Cowboys are going to get destroyed! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mo,
    Buddy - You are to much!!! I love your predictions. Thanks for picking the Titans over your Raiders. That must have been tough for you to type.

Question. So I see you giving the Titans and Ravens a tie in the regular season final standings. Where do you think the tie is going to occur (in Baltimore or at Tennessee)?

By the way. My only prediction is that the Titans will be the Superbowl champs this year!

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

Counting down the days till January 27, 2002 (Superbowl 36 in New Orleans).