1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VC nears 6 year extension per ESPN

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 4chuckie, Jul 31, 2001.

Tags:
  1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

2. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Vince is making a big mistake IMO. Antonio Davis will be old and ineffective in 2-3 years, and Toronto will become a mediocre team. You're making the wrong decision Vince.

------------------
    Check out my site:

The Steve Francis Fan Site

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Francis,

Teams can change over night. The Lakers could fall out of the playoff spot in a season. Look at the Bulls.

All the rebuilding we are doing could be for nothing. IMO, we are still missing a large piece of our puzzle. We have too many "good" players who are going to want at least 8 million a year. Francis will want top pay, and he is not really the backbone of our team. I still think we need a talented big man, and I feel Cato could really be that person if he really wanted to.

------------------
    "Where there is a will ... I want on it."

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002423.html

Just kidding 4chuckie, yours has more info and a link to it! Hopefully this means they used the money they would have offered to Dream to lock up Vince!

------------------
    What if I say to you that the universe is a three-legged horse, eh? What then?
    - Russell Hoban

5. Legendary21

Legendary21 Member

I think he´ll commit to about three more seasons with the raptors, now that they managed to keep their FAs, and then be gone.

------------------
    There are many colors in the homo rainbow. Don´t be afraid to let your colors shine.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Although the Raptors still have no shot at the finals I think they had the best off season so far, no one thought they would keep Williams let alone Davis yet they did and manage to top it off with keeping Carter safe. They made the best moves they possibly could. If they land Olajuwon without trading Clark that would just put the cherry on the sunday.

------------------
    "banging Shaq is a whole different expirience"-Pete Babcock
    Behold the power of quotation