1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So is it not getting Dunn or is Justice covering both Sides?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by redgoose, Jul 15, 2005.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Edmonds robbed Ausmus in Game 7, right?!? That catch pretty much took a 3-0 Astros lead and kept the game right there for the Cards to mount a threat off of Rocket late in the game.

These three catches stick out in my mind when talking about Astros' post season futility: Andrew Jones goes spiderman and catches a drive to dead center field, Walt Weiss picks a hot shot by Fat Tony and guns down Cammy at the plate, and Jim Edmonds robbing Ausmus of a 2-run double (at least) in the biggest game in Astros history.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

According to Jayson Stark (Insider article on ESPN), the Reds asked the Astros for Backe, Lane and two unnamed top prospects for Dunn.

3. msn

msn Member

:eek:

Sure, I'll let you have my '91 Mustang. $45,000 and it's yours! :eek:

4. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

I bet those unamed prospects were Astacio and Bucholtz.

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd at least ponder Backe, Lane, and Buchholz for Dunn. My confidence in Backe is shaking - it seems like he's issuing 6 walks every time out there now. Of course, that'd mean relying on Wandy and Zeke to hold the back of the rotation, which isn't exactly appealing either (though Zeke looked pretty good...against the Pirates).

6. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Backe was the deal breaker for Soriano in the off season, so i doubt we'd give him up now. Especially in the the middle of a playoff race.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree.

frankly..at this point...i don't want them to make a trade. unless we'd could pull off some kind of steal, i'm not for trading away any starting pitchers. the improvement of lane and burke has been the equivalent of adding a new player.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You simply can't trade your #4 starter when you have enough trouble with a consistent #5 starter. Especially when the next in line is apparently part of the trade, too (Astacio). Backe will not be part of any trade.