1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should political questions be asked at beauty pageants?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Smokey, Jun 27, 2005.

?

Political questions at beauty pageants?

Poll closed Jul 7, 2005.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I watched the end of the Miss Texas pageant last night which included an interview segment. 4 of the 5 finalists got softball questions...What would you do if you won?, Should parents allow their teens to go to foreign countries without adult supervision?, What makes you nervous?, etc.

1 finalist, IMO, got a tough question. Her question was "What do you think about the situation in Iraq?". She did a good job by saying we have to support our troops. The guy then asked her a follow up question on Bush's handling of the war.

I don't know if she won, but come on, what kind of question is that? If she answered Bush did a terrible job, she alienates more than half the crowd. And she probably alienates the judges if they're Bush supporters although I don't think the answer matters as much as how she delivers it. I don't think it was a fair question compared to what the others got.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, since nobody cares what beaty pagent contestants think about anything, I say replace the question and answer portion with naked chocolate pudding wrestling...

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Methink this poll would generate more interests in the Hangout. I venture to guess that those who watch beauty contest with political inclinations would like to have that question asked and answered.