1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Zion, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

THis is why I asked the question about miracles because miracles go against the idea that God has set aside physical absolutes. From my understanding of the Bible miracles are the proof of God to the skeptical but you're saying that absolute reality, physical laws and all, are the proof of God. It seems to my outside POV that the miraculous favors Grizzled view point.

All very Platonic. Their is an innate sense of absolutes that tells us of the existence of absolutes. This might be the key difference between Western and Eastern philosophy.

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

We've never seen a cooperative communist state. Totalitarianism is not communism. The USSR after Stalin was just another dictatorship. I don't really know that much about how the government of communist China works but having one controling party with a strict hierchical structure is not the way I understand communism.

Communism would be the most "Christian" form of society, but human beings are genetically predisposed to self interest.

Like the authors of this list. They oppose any ideas outside of their self interest. I doubt there are many exploited workers that read their publication and think they should be final arbitraters of truth.

4. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Clearly, the authors of this list are blinded by their own myopic slave morality if they don't appreciate the contributions of Nietzche, Freud, and Darwin.

Haven't they heard that God is dead? :)

Seriously, this suggested reading list should put things into perspective:

http://members.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=743

#104 Deji McGever, Jun 5, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2005