1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Italian Press: Zawahiri was in Iraq in 1999

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, May 25, 2005.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I never said that was sufficient reason. I was only suggesting a counter-probability that would disprove your feint effort to portray Saddam as not an enemy of the US. You said "Saddam didn't support terrorist attacks against the US." I suppose you meant materially but you didn't really say that. As others have indicated, it was only a matter of time before Saddam would have done so. Do you really doubt that? I don't.

Eric Rudolph is a murdering punk. Usama is a formidable terrorist. Do you want to contend that distinction?

2. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

More than likely at some point the human species will be extinct ending the threat of terrorism for good but pardon me if I don't won't wait that long.

I'm saying in terms of progress in general.

Given our recruiting woes its looking more likely we'll run out of willing volunteers to serve in our armed forces first. Several reports indicate that our actions are creating more zealots than less. As a religious person yourself you should understand the power of what can only be spiritually attainable.

We've been hearing that for awhile and it hasn't happened. We are seeing the Iraqis turn on each other with Sunnis killing Shiites and Kurds and now Shiites and Kurds willing to kill Sunnis. A civil war and chaos wracked Iraq isn't going to make us safer.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eric Rudolph is also a terrorist.

Anyway I do doubt Saddam would have funded or materially supported terrorists in the future, or at least that we could have negated any chance of that happening without a war.

What evidence is there to show that he would have supported them? When in his history has he formed that kind of alliance with terrorist groups hostile to the U.S.? What purpose would that have served his regime? In what ways was he even capable of supporting them?

With inspectors, and possibly thousands of U.S. intel agents running around his nation, and the military and statellites hemming him in so tightly what he exactly was he going to do? Saddam was not a serious threat to anyone in the U.S.

Your rationale is like the second This Modern World cartoon in the right wing pundit thread. Because the moon someday come crashing down and destroy the earth it is better to not sit around and wait for it to happen. We should destroy the moon with nukes right now.