1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warren Moon Getting Divorced

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ROCKSS, Feb 14, 2001.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Say it aint so

HOUSTON — The wife of former Houston Oilers quarterback Warren Moon has filed for divorce, saying discord and conflict of personalities destroyed the couple's marriage.
    Felicia Moon filed the petition Tuesday in Fort Bend County. The petition says the two, who have been married 19 years, have not lived together the past two years.

Moon was acquitted in 1995 of charges of assaulting his wife, who had begged prosecutors not to file the misdemeanor charges. The two had argued over credit cards.

Moon, most recently the backup to Elvis Grbac of the Kansas City Chiefs, announced his retirement two weeks ago. He played pro football for 23 years, including 10 with the Oilers. He was traded to the Minnesota Vikings in 1994.

"This was a difficult decision to make for both parties," Bucky Allshouse, Felicia Moon's attorney, told Houston TV station KRIV. "It's an amicable situation. It's a matter we consider private between the two parties."

------------------

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

This person took the words right out of my mouth...

[​IMG]

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

4. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

You just can't beat news about Warren Moon and his wife.

I bet this thread gets lots of hits.

Of course, this news hit me like a slap in the face. It was arresting.

------------------
    "Corpses are icky."

--Chris Robinson

5. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Yeah, I got knocked for a loop earlier today but I called for help and now I just want to forget the whole thing.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

That's a shame.

------------------
    Someone who is about to admonish another must realize within himself five qualities before doing so (that he may be able to say), thus:
    In due season will I speak, not out of season. In truth will I speak, not in falsehood. Gently will I speak, not harshly. To his profit will I speak, not to his loss. With kindly intent will I speak, not in anger. -from the Vinaya Pitaka

7. Redglare

Redglare Member

My, aren't we punchy today.